We’re here for you during COVID-19
We are collecting resources here to help you get you through COVID-19
Information about Healthy Habits:
Here is a video on how to physical distancing in multiple languages: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17008.aspx
- If you’re new to working from home, our friends at Tamarack Institute have shared their very thorough remote working guide, which gives you tips and tricks for creating a positive working environment at home.
- Stay playful and find time to laugh – When extra stressors are unavoidable, you can lower anxiety (and boost your immunity) by taking time out to have a silly, playful moment. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
For Your Family
- Calgary Flames United By Community – Resources for keeping children and youth engaged and learning at home, at home workouts, mental health support, accessing food and ways to get involved in the community right now. A one-stop-shop for supporting Calgarians during this crisis.
- Community Cares – A number of individuals and communities throughout Calgary have created initiatives to connect neighbours who need support and those who can offer a helping hand. Calgary COVID-19 Support and Relief Group focuses on individuals citywide and Northern Hills Cares is for individuals in these communities.
- Play from Home with Canadian Tire Jumpstart – ideas for how to stay active and connected from Jumpstart’s partners and Athlete Ambassadors like Hayley Wickenheiser.
- Active for Life has shared 200+ activities for staying active at home – the initial list gives ideas of how to continue math and science learning at home, even identifying the skills you’ll learn in the activity. It also includes a link to many of their other lists for staying engaged and active at home.
- Lunch doodles with Mo – The artist in residence at the Kennedy Centre does a live stream every day at 1pm EST to doodle and share his studio. In Mo’s words, “let’s find a way to be isolated and together at the same time.”
- The Calgary Zoo is sharing a daily segment behind the scenes with their animals and an activity you can complete.
- Daily free kids yoga – This yoga teacher is doing a 35-minute daily yoga live stream for kids at 11am Mountain time.
- The hyperlocal media outlet the Sprawl has launched Sprawl Kids – they are creating story assignments for kids during this time and sharing them on their platforms. The first one is about why it’s OK to worry.
- ABC’s to Acts is a homeschooling resource. They have compiled 45+ free websites with free activities for kids of any age.
For your business:
1. Business and money management helpline – Momentum has setup free hotlines and resources related to money management, small business coaching and employment transition support.