New Climbing Expectations
Vivo’s climbing wall is the perfect “summit” for people who want to experience the thrill of scaling a mountain and bonding with friends at new heights. Whether you’re in a small group or braving a solo climb, get snug in your safety harnesses and start climbing.
Vivo offers a wide selection of climbing classes for all ages and abilities! Our climbing wall stands almost 30 feet tall and has a nine-foot bouldering area. Bring clean, indoor climbing or running shoes and we’ll supply the rest!
HEALTHY HABITS FOR THE CLIMBING WALL
- Complete the 3 Step Checklist to access & use Vivo– before your visit, during your visit and after your visit.
- Practice physical distancing of 2 metres from all staff and other guests at all times.
- Masks are mandatory inside. Please keep your face covering on in public spaces throughout Vivo until you participating in your activity.
ALL DROP-IN CLASSES AND TO RESERVE TIME ON THE CLIMBING WALL MUST NOW BE PRE-BOOKED ON THE ‘MYWELLNESS’ APP.
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE CLIMBING WALL:
OUR CLIMBING POLICIES
To keep you moving, connecting and learning in a safe environment we have the following steps in place to maximize your experience.
- Pre-book online through the ”mywellness” app for all drop-in experiences for the climbing wall.
- Registered programs you will be assigned a number that will correlate to a location in our arena to put your equipment on.
- Before your visit complete and follow the Healthy Habits listed on this page.
- All climbing equipment is cleaned, disinfected and sanitized regularly in accordance with Alberta Health requirements.
- When you are waiting to climb, social distancing markers will be in place to ensure your safety.
- Not all ropes will be accessible each time the wall is open. This is to ensure proper distancing measures can be maintained.
- In person experiences for all classes have been limited to 6.
- Equipment is cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival.
- All stations are at minimum 2 meters apart.
- Fans have been removed.
- Change rooms are currently closed.
- One-way directional flow in and out of our spaces to reduce the risk of accidently bumping into someone.
- The number of classes, times and layout of classes has changed to ensure time for proper disinfection and social distancing.
- Prior to the use of the wall or any equipment please sanitize your hands. Once you are done climbing, please re-sanitize your hands.
- It is NOT recommended you wear a mask while climbing. Masks must be worn when belaying or doing safety checks.
- Food is not permitted within the Climbing area.
- Bring your own water bottles. Our water fountains are unavailable.
- A belay check and waiver are required prior to using the wall. Belay checks are available during drop-in hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Participants under 18 years old must obtain authorization from a parent or legal guardian.
- Children 13 years and under must be supervised at all times by a responsible climber 14 years or older. Exceptions may be made for participants who have completed the Jr. Climbing Program.
- Please wear clean indoor running or climbing shoes. Complimentary equipment available to use includes harness, belay device, and carabiner.
DON’T HAVE A CLIMBING PARTNER? JUST WANT TO TRY OUT THE WALL?
We offer drop-in belay service as part of your drop-in admission, as well we have auto-belay devices. (Drop-in belay service hours subject to change)
Drop-in Page Coming Soon. You can check the schedule right in the “mywellness app”