Let Your Imagination Soar as You Scale our Rock Climbing Wall
Vivo’s climbing wall is the perfect “summit” for people who want to experience the thrill of scaling a mountain and bonding with friends at new heights. Whether you’re in a small group or braving a solo climb, get snug in your safety harnesses and start climbing.
Vivo offers a wide selection of climbing classes for all ages and abilities! Our climbing wall stands almost 30 feet tall and has a nine-foot bouldering area. Bring clean, indoor climbing or running shoes and we’ll supply the rest!
Healthy habits for the climbing wall
Complete the 3 Step Checklist to access & use Vivo– before your visit, during your visit and after your visit.
Practice physical distancing of 2 metres from all staff and other guests at all times.
Masks are mandatory inside. Please keep your face covering on until directions are given from the climbing attendant.
All drop-in classes and to reserve time on the climbing wall must now be pre-booked on the ‘mywellness’ app.
What’s new for the climbing wall
Our climbing policies
To keep you moving, connecting and learning in a safe environment we have
the following steps in place to maximize your experience:
- Pre-book online through the ”mywellness” app for all drop-in experiences for the climbing wall.
- Registered programs you will be assigned a number that will correlate to a location in our arena to put your equipment on.
- Before your visit complete and follow the Healthy Habits listed on this page.
Climbing Wall Updates:
- All climbing equipment is cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized regularly following Alberta Health requirements.
- When you are waiting to climb, social distancing markers will be in place to ensure your safety.
- In-person experiences for all classes have been limited to 8.
- Equipment is cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival. Participants must sanitize before and after every climb; alternatively, gloves can be worn while climbing. Vivo does not provide gloves.
- Fans have been removed.
- Participants must show up 5 minutes before the booking and wait on the other side of the divider (the swimming side) until the instructor calls participants over
- Change rooms are currently closed.
- The number of classes, times, and layout of courses has changed to ensure time for proper disinfection and social distancing.
- Before the use of the wall or any equipment, please sanitize your hands. Once you are done climbing, please re-sanitize your hands.
- Masks must be worn at all times. When climbing, belaying, or doing safety checks.
- Food is not permitted within the Climbing area.
- Bring your own water bottles. Our water fountains are unavailable.
- A belay check and waiver are required prior to using the wall. Belay checks are available during drop-in hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Everyone will complete an orientation at the beginning of the booking.
- Participants under 18 years old must obtain authorization from a parent or legal guardian.
- Children 13 years and under must be supervised at all times by a responsible climber 14 years or older. Exceptions may be made for participants who have completed the Jr. Climbing Program.
- Please wear clean indoor running or climbing shoes. Complimentary equipment available to use includes harness, belay device, and carabiner.
Don’t have a climbing partner? Just want to try out the wall?
We offer drop-in belay service as part of your drop-in admission, as well we have auto-belay devices (Drop-in belay service hours subject to change).
Drop-in Page Coming Soon. You can check the schedule right in the “mywellness app”.