WHAT’S OPEN NOW
Vivo is pleased to re-open drop-in admission to the community effective Thursday, September 30. Please note that each guest will be required to follow all of Vivo’s health protocols as indicated on this page.
Vivo is excited to welcome back family/cohort basketball, badminton, pickleball and ping pong as scheduling permits. Check the MyWellness app for specific times dates and times.
Prebooking on the MyWellness app is still required for the fitness centre. Members are also encouraged to use this app to see the number of guests per space per booking time and the number of spots available.
At this time, Group Fitness will remain on hold as Vivo continues to assess the situation. Again, we thank our community for your patience and understanding and will continue to provide updates as soon as we have more information.
Pool Closures may occur for drop-in swimming until further notice due to staffing shortages.
Pre-booking on the MyWellness app is required for swimming. Vivo encourages members to use this app to see the most up-to-date information on when the pool is open as well as how many spaces per booking time are available.
Masking is required in all areas of the pool deck until just prior to entering the water. Participants are asked to come ready to swim.
Parents will have the option to be in the water/ swim lesson with their child. Certain swim programs will remain parented/guardian required.
Participants are asked to come ready to swim. Spectators are limited to 1 adult per child and they must be masked and encouraged to maintain a 3m distance.
Adult Registered Lessons
Adult registered swimming programs will continue as per the current schedule.
Adult Arena and Gym Rentals
Vivo is excited to welcome back adult programs, as well as Arena and Gym rentals effective Monday, October 4th. Please note that each adult guest will be required to follow all of Vivo’s health protocols in order to access the facility so kindly familiarize yourself and visit vivo.ca for more information. If you are interested in booking in the gymnasium or arena space for your league please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rentals, Bookings & Events
All rental groups are required to check the proof of government-issued identification, vaccination status of their participants, spectators, coaches, and volunteers. In order for Vivo to comply with the BYLAW, the responsibility for ensuring vaccination compliance is that of the rental group. In the event a fine is provided to the facility (Vivo), this will be charged back to the rental group as per the City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021 and the CMOH Order 43. Rental Groups will be required to check each practice or provide a letter outlining those who are vaccinated. In the event the rental group is not willing to check proof of government-issued ID, vaccination status or doesn’t follow the REP program as outlined by the City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021 and the CMOH Order 43, their rental space will be immediately cancelled.
Room capacities will remain reduced to 1/3 or less to ensure proper 2m distancing.
It is the responsibility of Sports Groups to ensure the masking expectations as determined by their governing sports body AND Vivo are being followed at all times. Sports Groups that are not involved in high-intensity training must remain masked. If the group is on a break between high-intensity intervals, resting or stretching, masking and social distancing are required.
At this time all Birthday Parties are temporarily paused as per the CMOH Order 43 and City of Calgary BYLAW 65M2021 because birthday parties are considered as social gatherings under these mandates.
Guardians & Chaperons
Due to expansion and public measures in place from the City of Calgary and Alberta Government, Vivo is operating at 1/3 capacity and you must follow the rules below:
- All guardians & chaperones are required to ensure they provide proof of vaccination and government-issued identification. Masking and physical distancing of 2m minimum is required at all times as per the REP program and City of Calgary Bylaw.
- Ages 12 and under – Up to 1 guardian is permitted per athlete/participant to support with equipment, safety and other logistics as required by the program or sports organization.
- Ages 13-17 years – guardians will be permitted to act as chaperones for the sports organization which must ensure capacities are met at all times.
- Parents with questions about hockey or figure skating are asked to work directly with the sports organization.
- The above expectations could change at any time based on the expansion or the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Vivo Play Project
Play Hub participants 12 years of age and older are required to show proof of vaccination and government-issued identification.
Masking is required if Play Hub participants can’t maintain a 3m distance from other individuals or households. Visit vivoplayproject.com for all the details.
Indoor masking is required to visit Vivo’s partners.
- Calgary Public Library
- Check out their hours of operation and their COVID Protocols HERE
- Calgary Public Library’s are exempt from City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021
- Panther Sports Medicine is open. Clients can park and access the building through the East Entrance (via Arena Doors).
- Visit panthersportsmedicine.com for more information
- Panther Sports Medicine is exempt from City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021
- Jugo Juice is open for pick up and take out.
- Hours of operation will be as follows:
Weekdays: 8:30 am – 8:00 pm
Weekends: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- UPDATED OCT.15 – We are experiencing a mechanical issue with the hot tub, and it will be closed until Saturday, October 16, 2021.
- Group Fitness
- Pool Closures may occur for drop-in swimming until further notice due to staffing shortages
- The hot tub is closed during swimming lessons
- Tot Pools and Stream rooms will remain closed until further notice
- The arena lobby is closed to spectators and no spectators are permitted in the arena due to construction
- Washrooms are temporarily unavailable for the general public but open for Vivo guests
- ATM is temporarily unavailable at this time
WAYS TO ACCESS VIVO
Learn more and download the 'MyWellness' App
Learn more about memberships + admissions
Sign Up For Our Weekly Newsletter