Vivo Fundraising Volunteer
Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to raise healthier generations by empowering Canadians to achieve their optimal healthwhether they’re at home, school, work or in the community with us.
TheVivo for Healthier Generations Society operates a Research and Innovation Lab and Centre for Community Wellbeing, Recreation and Sport in the heart of north-central Calgary where we work with our community and partners to support them in living a healthier life
Our roots began as a regional recreation centre in North Central Calgary. Over 16 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to be more active and socially connected. In 2023, we are launching 117,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces, which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social research and innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to cover operating budgets, transfers to reserves for capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our upcoming expansion
Role: Fundraising Volunteer
We have a fun and rewarding opportunity for you if you’re looking to have a big impact in north-central Calgary. Vivo Fundraising Volunteers will support the All In for Community $6.5M fundraising campaign as an extension to Vivo’s Philanthropy team. The All In for Community campaign is a campaign to raise the last 10% of funding for Vivo’s 135,000 square foot expansion and renovation.
You will assist Vivo’s Philanthropy Team and Campaign Cabinet with grassroots community fundraising initiatives. This would include supporting the planning and delivery of raffles (50/50 and prizes), attending fundraising initiatives by local businesses, and other grassroots fundraising initiatives for the campaign.
Hours: Volunteer hours will vary from approximately 4 hours per month up to 4-8 hours per week depending on the activity with which you are involved. Evenings and weekends may be required, and some volunteer work hours can be completed on a flexible schedule depending on your availability and ability to meet the responsibilities outlined below.
Reports to: Philanthropy Manager / Donor Care Coordinator
- Assist with fundraising activities planned by Vivo Philanthropy Team and Campaign Cabinet and its committees. This could include:
- Solicitation of businesses for donations for raffles and other campaign fundraising activities.
- Promoting the campaign fundraising initiatives within your own network.
- Act as an All In for Community Campaign Ambassador to answer questions about the expansion project and how to give to the campaign at Vivo and third-party events and for campaign fundraising initiatives. This could include being on-site for local business partners, fundraising initiatives at Vivo and other opportunities planned throughout the duration of the campaign.
- Be an active and engaged participant.
- Understand Vivo’s mission, vision, values and the expansion project so that you can be an ambassador for the campaign.
We invite you to demonstrate your qualifications for this position from a wide range of life experiences. This could include work environments, school, volunteering, hobbies, being a caregiver/parent, etc.
- Experience with community fundraising or event planning is an asset but not required
- Strong community mindset
- Highly adaptable and ability to work flexibly
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to prioritize tasks
- Desire to collaborate with others and work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Open to sharing your talents
- Desire to have fun while supporting a great cause
- Ability to volunteer evenings and weekends
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications is an asset.
- A valid police information check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 6 months
This posting will remain posted on Vivo.ca indefinitely.