Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to inspire a wholistic mindset for healthy living. Our Centre for Community Wellbeing and our Innovation Collaboratory are platforms where individuals and communities ignite change to shape healthier generations.
Our roots began as a regional recreation centre in North Central Calgary. Over 18 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to live a healthy life. In 2023, we are launching 262,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to enhance accessibility, fund capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our current expansion.
Reports to: Chief Evolution Officer
As Marketing Director, you will collaboratively lead strategy development that influences and supports the advancement of Vivo’s vision, mission, values, strategic priorities and business plan to achieve both strong social impact and financial performance. You will lead the optimization and positioning of Vivo’s value to enhance awareness, drive meaningful differentiation, preference and demand for Vivo’s products, experiences, innovation projects and donations to the charity. Your co-creation with our stakeholders and collaboration across the organization’s teams will result in sales and marketing plans which enable business objectives and exceed financial targets and enable the team to succeed in achieving the organization’s goals.
As Marketing Director, you will have demonstrated ability to create and implement strategy that builds the brand reputation, drives revenue and donations. Your ability to assess opportunities and challenges and build compelling business cases result in sales and marketing plans which achieve business objectives and financial targets. You thrive in an organization that aspires to do things beyond the status quo. You have high standards and possess a high level of accountability to self and others for results.
- Provide transformational leadership by inspiring a commitment to Vivo’s vision and mission and to the achievement of high-performance in all areas of the business.
- Collaborate with senior leaders and the board on organizational planning, identifying and structuring key organizational priorities and projects to drive both business growth and social impact.
- Articulate Vivo’s long term value proposition and strategy to build the brand in identified markets.
- Oversee marketing strategies and provide inspirational leadership to the team to design and implement future strategy and deliver on current operational priorities.
- Define, implement and drive strategic initiatives to improve internal and external facing processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams, leadership and partners.
- Serve as a thought leader on complex challenges through the delivery of strategic insights and recommendations and by working with business stakeholders across the organization.
- Act as storyteller to inspire and grow Vivo’s brand, reputation and credibility as local, national and global leader by disseminating our work/ impact, relationship building, system change committees and networking outside the organization.
- Establish consistent and regular measurement of Vivo’s brand health and track key result areas with key performance indicators.
- Create and implement strategy which drives revenue to deliver on organizational priorities and enable growth.
- Establish meaningful metrics on sales and marketing deliverables. Assess metrics on a frequent and systematic basis.
- Develop pricing strategy such as providing analysis of competitors and market conditions.
- Lead marketing strategy such as the design and development of marketing events/promotions/innovation to meet category/brand requirements while ensuring alignment with selling strategies and priorities.
- Lead the development of selling tools and promotions.
- Inspire, empower, build capacity and shape how the Marketing Team delivers strong results, impact, efficiencies across the organization, and develops scalable processes.
- Leverage the vision, Board’s strategic plan and synthesize the Senior Leadership Plan and translate into meaningful, specific and practical annual work plans and execute with the team.
- Hold the team accountable for achieving established work-plans and targets through regular follow-up, feedback and coaching.
- Focus on developing future talent and leaders in the organization and building capacity, developing, empowering and inspiring the individuals within the Marketing Team and across the organization.
- Recruit, onboard, train, mentor and performance manage the Marketing Team utilizing Human Resources best practices, policies and processes to ensure a high-performing team.
- Oversee, provide creative direction and manage outside Marketing and Brand Agencies/Consultants, continually monitoring to ensure that projects are assigned to the appropriate resources, as well as consistency in how the brand is handled across all mediums including, monitoring which projects are handled internally and which are outsourced, in order to optimize the cost/quality/timing balance.
Financial Management, Research, Analysis, & Measurement
- Utilize relevant market data, consumer/client research and insights, and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market.
- Build and support business cases to identify and pursue revenue opportunities
- Continual revenue analysis of categories, including but not limited to: pass and admission sales, bookings/rentals, special events and other point of sale functions/initiatives.
- Develop metrics to measure the effectiveness of sales and marketing activities.
- Develop and ensure responsible, timely spending against established annual operating budgets which encompasses internal and external programs, agency fees, media spending, etc.
- Deliver high quality executive and team communications: develop narratives, partner across cross functional teams on content and own delivery of messaging across the organization.
- Champion key changes to processes, including detailed design and execution of changes required to achieve future state objectives.
- Be a trusted advisor across the organization from a financial lens to help ensure workflows drive sustainable business behaviors.
- Foster external relations with critical business partners including Vivo’s tenants, surrounding community businesses and other strategic partnerships such as sponsors.
- Oversee and drive the continuous evaluation, shifts and evolutions to operations to ensure they remain aligned with and support the core business and strategic plan.
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree in related field
- 7+ years of proven experience in both direct and indirect sales
- Demonstrated success with developing, implementing and executing sales strategies and plans, analytics and CRM.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- A valid police information check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 3 months
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.