Marketing & Communications Consultant
Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to inspire a wholistic mindset for healthy living. Our Centre for Community Wellbeing and our Innovation Collaboratory are platforms where individuals and communities ignite change to shape healthier generations.
Our roots began as a regional recreation centre in North Central Calgary. Over 18 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to live a healthy life. In 2023, we are launching 262,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to enhance accessibility, fund capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our current expansion.
As Marketing & Communications Consultant, you’ll play an active role in implementing Vivo’s vision, mission, values and brand strategy across all organizational touchpoints. This role will work across the organization to develop and execute marketing and communication efforts to increase the value and performance of Vivo’s products and services, innovation projects, philanthropic efforts, and employee experience strategies. The Marketing & Communications Consultant will establish and understand Vivo’s target audiences enabling them to maximize reach and sales through effective marketing channels using market insights and competitive analysis. This role will be key in developing, executing and measuring campaigns including public relations, social/digital media, engagement, and advertising as well as providing exceptional service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Reports to: Chief Evolution Officer
Brand Management & Execution
- Promote Vivo’s mission, vision, values, experiences and projects.
- Execute Vivo’s positioning efforts to be a charitable brand externally with Stakeholders and internally with Employees.
- Manage and execute brand style guides and guidelines and Vivo’s value proposition.
- Assist Marketing Director with developing and ensuring a responsible annual operating budget including: branding, advertising, materials, communication platforms, website, agency fees, media spending, etc.
- Design and layout of marketing and communications materials.
- Develop and provide the Vivo branding training and tool kits to build confidence and competence in the internal team’s efforts.
- Work with external agencies and consultants to achieve desired objectives and outcomes.
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director, lead the business case development process with the manager team for the design and implementation of marketing/communication solutions.
Marketing & Advertising Campaigns
- Implement, action and measure annual marketing and communications campaigns aligned with target audiences, organizational business strategies, goals and targets.
- Expand the organization’s reach through digital and other media platforms.
- Alongside the Marketing Director, develop and execute strategies and tactics for operational work that increase sales of products and services, promotions, storytelling, user generated content and digital presence.
Customer and Community Engagement
- Lead Vivo’s social media content creation, scheduling and engagement.
- Develop and expand Vivo’s reach through digital and traditional media platforms.
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce ‘pro-active’ content including: branding documents, videos, blogs, posts, alerts, case studies, social and ad copy, emails and other assets
- Mesh Vivo’s product offerings with retail development environment and consumer trends.
Internal and External Communications
- Assist with planning and executing internal and external communications on all channels.
- Assist with evolving and integrating our voice, language, imagery and messaging across Vivo’s platforms.
- Develop personas for Vivo’s target audiences and key messaging to sell products and services
- Explore and implement new ways to visually communicate, nurture user-generated content and establish a broad reach for diverse audiences.
- Engage targeted audiences in understanding and ‘landing’ changes to processes, programs, protocols and initiatives.
- Promote and leverage Vivo’s image at special events in the facility and in the community.
Evaluation and Tracking
- Conduct consumer insights research and knowledge dissemination from source to the organization.
- Conduct marketplace assessments including: local and global signals, benchmarking others websites, campaigns and innovation opportunities from outside the industry.
- Provide regular measurement and benchmarking of Vivo’s marketing effectiveness and brand health by tracking key result areas with performance indicators.
- Track, prepare and distribute key marketing and communication metrics to help the manager team make business decisions.
Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree in marketing, communications or related field:
- At least 5 to 7 + years’ progressive experience in marketing/communications, preferably in the charity and not for profit sectors with a focus on marketing, communications or sales
- Given the “start up” nature of our current business phase, proven ability to prioritize multiple demanding priorities is key to success
- Strong and proven ability in executing brand strategies, tactics and guidelines
- Strong and proven ability to produce clear and compelling marketing and communication campaigns
- Strong presentation, creative, public relations talents are important for communicating to diverse and sophisticated audiences
- Strong working knowledge of social media, CMS software and digital platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and software (Buffer, Hoot Suite)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- Functional design skills are required (ie. Canva), graphic design considered an asset
- Experience with social media and digital content – including newsletter creation (ie. Mailchimp)
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- A valid police information check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 3 months
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.