Lifestyle Fitness Consultant
At Vivo we are a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
As a Lifestyle Fitness Consultant, you are responsible for creating a safe, engaging and satisfying customer experience for users of the fitness facilities. You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause. You will participate in re-imagining and evolving all aspects of the customer fitness baselines to bring our Gen H movement to life. You’ll engage with passion and be accountable to the team to deliver strong results and impact.
Reports to: Lifestyle Fitness Manager – (Interim Programs & Services Director)
- Assist in building strong relationships and co-create with our customers, partners and community to determine their needs and what they value.
- Conduct Fitness orientations for Youths and Adults.
- Maintain all the areas of the fitness facilities, including being aware of any fitness classes taking place during your shift and making sure the space is ready for our members and the instructor.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations on products and services to members.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve improved retention of our members.
- Maintain the drop in fitness schedule in Legend and make any necessary changes.
- Provide personalized and professional customer service in person and on the phone.
- Provide Fitness Centre orientations to potential and first time customers.
- Respond to general customer inquiries about fitness and the facilities.
- Perform general maintenance, upkeep and tidiness of the Fitness Centre and Dryland areas.
- Clear and tidy the Fitness facilities at closing time.
- Maintain safety standards as necessary.
- Handle immediate first aid needs.
- Educate customers and enforce fitness facilities rules.
- Provide spotting support to customers.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Attend at least one in-service per year.
- High-energy individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a competitive and dynamic environment and is working toward, or has completed, a post-secondary education in Kinesiology or a related degree or diploma.
- Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification (AFLCA) or Can-fit Pro (PTS) or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in the fitness field.
- Knowledge of fitness and ability to instruct and educate in a respectful manner.
- Excellent customer service, communication, problem solving, and ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic manner will help ensure your success.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and LEGEND registration software.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and assist in moving heavy sports equipment.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications.
- Police information Clearance.
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.