Group Fitness & Personal Training Lead
At Vivo we are a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
As Group Fitness & Personal Training Lead you will assist with the co-creation, development, resourcing, delivery, evaluation, performance and evolution of Lifestyle Fitness experiences. You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause. You will participate in re-imagining, overseeing and evolving the functions of the Lifestyle Fitness team and bring Vivo experiences to life. You’ll mentor the team to deliver strong results and impact.
Reports to: Fitness & Training Manager
- Build strong relationships and co-create with our adult audience to gather, document and share quarterly insights about what’s happening in our classes and what our customers value.
- Participate in exploring, securing, testing and implementing new trends and types of fitness & lifestyle experiences/services for our customers on a quarterly basis through the service design lens.
- Assist the Fitness & Training Manager with developing the next evolution of fitness programs like pre & post natal programs, Teen weight training, registered fitness classes like New You/Elevate You, in-person and virtual personal training, boutique fitness training with potential partners and personalized health baseline coaching.
- Assist the Fitness & Training Manager with planning, developing and evaluation of Group Fitness, registered fitness classes, and personal training experiences and challenges.
- Support the use of new technology within the Fitness Centre and Boutique Studios for Spin, Boot camp-based classes, including use of heart rate monitors and electronic challenges.
- Assist with leading day-to-day group fitness activities by creating meaningful touchpoints for the customer’s journey, maintaining health and safety standards, first aid incidents, and equipment.
- In collaboration with the Fitness & Training Manager, develop quarterly schedules for Group Fitness, Registered Fitness, and Personal Training offerings and ensure alignment within our registration software AVOCADO.
- assessment, revisions, and revamping operational policies, procedures and training manuals to ensure they are aligned and support business and team practices.
- Assist in regular scheduling and payroll for 20+ Group Fitness, Registered Fitness & Personal Training Instructors.
- Assist in championing Vivo at special events (ie. everybody plays, open house, community events, etc.)
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree in healthy living, experience and place making, kinesiology, social innovation and business etc.
- Personal Training Diploma, canfitpro PTS or AFLCA PT.
- 3+ years’ experience in the fitness field.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership and supervisory experience.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications.
- Police Information Clearance within the past 3 years for current staff and 3 months for new staff.
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.