Family Play Lead
At Vivo, we’re on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
As a Family Play Lead, you will be responsible for the planning, co-creation, development and delivery of the Family drop in experiences at Vivo. This will include working with the Coordinator, Education as well as the families themselves to create a meaningful and impactful experience. You will create and connect with families in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause and help all guests reach new heights, enhance social connections and engage in spontaneous play.
This position may require you to facilitate the in-person experiences as well as train Play Attendants to facilitate the experiences in the event that you are unavailable. As well, you may assist with the onboarding and training of any volunteers that assist the programs.
Reports to: Coordinator, Education
- Genuinely understand and reflect Vivo’s values and mission when planning and delivering Family Play experiences
- With direction from Coordinator, Education, design and implement Family Play curriculum based on community interest and needs
- Program and mentor the Play Attendants running Family Play experiences and encourage them to facilitate with Vivo’s best practices
- Maintain a high standard of effective supervision, risk assessment, and best practices (Vivo Instructor Training) and duty of care within Youth experiences
- Attend quarterly planning meetings with Coordinator, Education to map out the Family Play experiences (curriculum, special events, guest experts, and volunteer)
- Ongoing curriculum planning, documentation and evaluation of the Family Play Experiences attendance, meetings, outcomes and learnings
- Build strong relationships and co-create with our youth audience to determine their needs and what they value in experiences at Vivo
- Assist with the on-boarding of youth volunteers and coordination of volunteer positions
- Champion of Vivo Instructor Training certification instructing practices and role model to fellow instructors
- Ability to seek direction, ask questions and engage in meaningful dialogue with direct supervisor and fellow team members.
- Share individual passions and talents to show ability in advocating for healthier generations
- Collaborate with team to create tools, materials and elevate organizational needs
- Commitment to on-going professional development and participation in regular team in-service opportunities
- Maintain a clean and safe work/play environment including following current health and safety guidelines from local and provincial authorities
- Set up and take down of equipment and perform other duties as required
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Police Information Clearance within the past 3 years for current staff and 6 months for new staff
- Working towards or have completed a degree in Physical Literacy, Coaching, Child Studies, Education, Health and Society, or related degree
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Have 2 or more years previous experience working with children and youth
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds for set up and take down
- Vivo Instructor Training (preferred)
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in co-creating with youth and program planning
- Have a desire to mentor and be a positive role model for youth
Please note that this position can be combined with the Youth Lead if the candidate has the existing qualifications for each position.
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.