Database and Gift Processing Assistant
At Vivo, we’re on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
The Database and Gift Processing Assistant will enter all information into Vivo’s donor database and complete processing of all gifts and external funding to Vivo. You will be responsible for maintaining the brain trust of Vivo’s fund development team – our donor database – making you an integral part of the success of the team. You will contribute to Vivo’s relationships with its donors by ensuring prompt and accurate processing of gifts.
A large portion of the duties for this role can be performed remotely. This role will be 10-15 hours per week, with additional hours required during key parts of the year and individual campaign.
Reports to: Philanthropy Manager
- Processall gifts and other external funds according to organizational and CRA standards, including cheques, online donations, electronic-funds-transfers, Vivo’s point of sale and payroll software and other third-party methods. Verify all pertinent information given with the gift and make necessary record changes in the database. Flag any missing information e.g. reminder notices, naming opportunities etc.
- Processing thank you letters and tax receipts (if necessary) for each gift.
- Enter all relevant donor, prospect and gift information into Vivo’s database (RE NXT).
- Assist other users (staff and volunteers) with the setup and creation of their RE NXT security profile and dashboard/work center.
- Maintain the RE NXT gift entry manual, updating as procedures change or new coding is developed.
- Stay abreast of updates to RE NXT, and schedule/liaise with Finance and Admin to implement new versions. Perform testing to ensure data integrity after an upgrade.
- Oversee user accounts/groups, recommend and manage security permissions.
- Work with the Finance and Admin team to reconcile gift records and reports with Vivo’s accounting software.
- Prepare auto-generating reports for the CEO and Vivo Fund Development staff and volunteers.
- High School Diploma
- 1 – 3 years of administration, data entry or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong proficiency working in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working in a CRM database, specifically one focused on fundraising, would be considered an asset, but is not necessary. On-the-job training in RE NXT and Vivo’s database and gift processing policies and procedures will be provided.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others.
- Autonomous, self-driven individual.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications or willingness to attain upon hire.
- Police Information Check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 6 months
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.