Community Event And Bookings Coordinator
At Vivo we are a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts – shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
As an advocate for Vivo, you will be responsible for delivering an amazing client experience to our user groups, sports partners, event partners and fellow team members. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, detail oriented individual who takes initiative to ensure a seamless experience for our sport partners, one-off bookings, and community events. This includes building relationships, planning events from the beginning call through the event day, and following up with clients to ensure they are well taken care of. You will be knowledgeable, confident, and humble. You are adaptable, willing to learn, and explore new opportunities that align with our cause.
This role will be required to work evenings and weekends during busy booking times and large events.
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
- Communicate and connect with our user groups to determine their needs. Build strong relationships with external and internal customers.
- Deliver an amazing client experience making our clients feel valued by promptly responding to all requests within predetermined service levels.
- Owning the customers experience and ensuring all members of the Vivo team who will impact the experience know what the wishes are of the guests and how to seamlessly provide a memorable experience.
- Accept, review and analyze facility rental bookings requests to ensure we are maximizing our resources, delivering on our commitment to the community, generating appropriate revenue and meeting our customer’s needs.
- Ensure accurate completion of facility rental bookings for internal and external user groups including arena rentals, special events, tournaments, tradeshows, meeting rooms, and gyms including obtaining necessary insurance, waivers, invoices and accounts receivables.
- Work together with the Guest Services team to create new sales opportunities and special events. Seek new and innovative ways to generate revenue while balancing our commitment to the community.
- Be a knowledgeable and proficient user of the legend software system or equivalent registration and booking system. Escalate and seek resolution for system issues with legend and communicate the details with the team.
- Communicate all resourcing requirements to the facility manager, facility attendants and clients including: regarding staffing requirements, space, times, set up, adjustments.
- Collaborate and cross train with Vivo team members to acquire the knowledge and skills to effectively perform each other’s role and responsibilities.
- Be knowledgeable in facility rental trends, pricing and best practices.
- Be willing to adapt and change customer service delivery, process and procedures to be lean and customer oriented.
- Provide recommendations for facility rental process improvements and operational policies that center’s around the customer experience and increased productivity.
- Track and monitor all bookings & sales revenue; weekly, monthly and annually and provide an update as to the discrepancies and areas of opportunity.
- Participate in the development of the facility rental’s annual operational budget and understand and monitor key components that influence targets and revenue generation
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree in a related field
- Proven customer experience skills in a high paced, dynamic environment
- 3 -5 years’ experience in a sales area with experience in building long term relationships, preferably in the charity and not for profit sectors,
- Previous facility rental experience is an asset
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.