Vivo means ‘live’ and embraces and celebrates diversity, community and the common thread that unites us all – life. Vivo is a charity on a mission to raise healthier generations by empowering Canadians to achieve their optimal healthwhether they’re at home, school, work or in the community with us.
TheVivo for Healthier Generations Society operates a Research and Innovation Lab and Centre for Community Wellbeing, Recreation and Sport in the heart of north-central Calgary where we work with our community and partners to support them in living a healthier life
Our roots began as a regional recreation centre in North Central Calgary. Over 16 years Vivo has grown into a well-utilized and beloved community hub with underpinnings in research and innovation to support individuals and whole communities to be more active and socially connected. In 2023, we are launching 117,000 square feet of new and renovated spaces, which will include a signature indoor park, aquatics upgrade, expanded boutique-style fitness, vital community spaces and a social research and innovation lab.
As a registered charity, Vivo is responsible for generating annual revenues of $7 million+ and undertaking fundraising and sponsorships to cover operating budgets, transfers to reserves for capital maintenance and equipment, investments in research and community development initiatives like the Vivo Play Project, and any other special projects that advance our charitable purposes, including the $60 million capital campaign for our upcoming expansion.
The role of Building Operator will build and maintain all aspects of what keeps Vivo operating seamlessly across the facility and community and create inspiring and innovative spaces that bring Vivo’s mission to life. You will have a strong technical and mechanical background to troubleshoot a variety of operational tasks and champion continuous improvement to ensure internal processes and procedures help achieve Vivo’s business goals.
Hours: Full-time 40 Hours per Week
Reports to: Operations Manager
- Operate equipment including, Ice resurface machine, ice edger, various power tools, saw, drill, auger, pumps, and floor cleaning equipment.
- Perform general janitorial work including washroom clean up, arena dressing room cleaning, including officials rooms, general cleanup up of the arenas and grounds.
- Perform Maintenance duties for the arena equipment (including ice surfaces), facility (including swimming pool equipment), grounds and related equipment.
- Accurately document ice plant, boilers readings, as well as pool chemistry testing results.
- Available to work evening as well as weekends, hours ranging from 4:30 AM to 1:30 AM
- Professional appearance including wearing uniform, ice grips and steel toed boots or shoes
- Knowledgeable and understanding of building management systems (BMS).
- Engage our guests with a friendly welcoming and helpful attitude acting as the face of the facility
- Respond to questions and concerns from public regarding issues and inquiries, and regarding facility operation and safety
- Be actively involved in maintaining safe work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reinforce the organization’s vision, values, purpose, strategic priorities, results/outcomes in all dealings with customers and staff across the organization
- Collaborate with the team to create tools and materials
- Perform strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Maintain professional and personal development to achieve organizational competencies
- Contribute to a safe working environment by adhering to all Vivo Health and Safety requirements
- Act as a role model of teamwork, demonstrating resilience and initiative
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach to colleagues, continuously challenge and champion standards of excellence in integrated work practices to enhance customer experience, organizational accountability, productivity and sustainability
- 5 years Building Operator experience
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- AARFP Pool/Arena-2
- Experience in a related maintenance role
- A valid police information check for the Vulnerable Sector within the past 3 months
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
Thank you for your interest in Vivo. To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.