At Vivo we're on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
As a Youth Night Facilitator you will be responsible for engaging youth in various activities and planning meaningful and intentional youth experiences on Friday nights at Vivo’s Youth Night. You will create and connect with youth in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause – Gen H – and help all youth reach new heights, enhance social connections and engage in spontaneous play.
Reports to: Coordinator, Youth Engagement
- Genuinely understand and reflect Vivo’s values, mission and Gen H elements into each Youth Night experience
- Engage youth ages 11-18 years old at Youth Night by helping facilitate social connections, encouraging youth to reach new heights and engage in spontaneous play
- Maintain a high standard of effective supervision, risk assessment, and best practices (Gen H instructor) and duty of care within Youth Night experiences
- Attend quarterly meetings with other Youth Night Facilitators and the Coordinator, Youth Engagement to co-create and plan Youth Night experiences
- Build strong relationships and co-create with our youth audience to determine their needs and what they value in youth experiences at Vivo
- Provide recommendations, feedback and learnings about Youth Night to the Coordinator, Youth Engagement
- Champion of Gen H certification instructing practices and role model to fellow instructors
- Ability to seek direction, ask questions and engage in meaningful dialogue with direct supervisor and fellow team members.
- Share individual passions and talents to show ability in advocating for healthier generations
- Commitment to on-going professional development and participation in regular team in-service opportunities
- Maintain a clean and safe work and play environment
- Set up and take down of equipment
- Answer customer and youth questions to the best of your ability in a friendly manner
- Perform other related duties as required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Police Information Clearance within the past 3 years for current staff and 6 months for new staff
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Vivo’s Gen H Instructor Training
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in working with youth
- Have a desire to mentor and be a positive role model for youth
- Have previous experience working or volunteering with children and youth.
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com.
We thank all interested candidates for their interest in VIVO. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. This opportunity will remain active until a candidate has been hired.