Climbing Attendant / Instructor
Part Time - Days and Weekend Shifts
At Vivo we're on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
Gen H is our movement to achieve this vision. It is a generation that you choose to be a part of rather than being born into. It’s a movement of striving to make progress on theirs and their community’s health.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
To help fuel this, the Innovation team co-creates, implements, measures and scales local solutions to the everyday challenges people face in their communities. Our team’s three big tasks over the next 5-10 years is to help bring the Gen H movement to life through the Gen H Lifestyle Experience.
As Climbing Attendant / Instructor, you are responsible for delivering safe and enjoyable climbing experiences. You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause and play an instrumental role in bringing the Gen H experiences to life. You’ll engage with passion and be accountable to the team to deliver strong results and impact.
- Genuinely understand and reflect Vivo’s values, mission and Gen H elements into each climbing experience
- Deliver a high standard of effective supervision, risk assessment, and best practices (Gen H instructor) and duty of care within child and family experiences
- Facilitate an active, social, inclusive and engaging learning environment for children and families
- Actively create meaningful touchpoints for customer’s, maintaining health and safety standards, first aid incidents, and equipment inventory
- Explore, experiment, co-create, implement, and measure new ways of building play-based/spontaneous and curriculum-based experiences at the climbing wall
- Take ownership of instruction, lesson set-up, lesson plan implementation, attendance taking, and use of equipment and teaching aids
- Champion Gen H certification instructing and role model to fellow instructors
- Evaluate participants and experiences by providing regular verbal and written feedback in the form of report cards, observation sheets, interviews, etc.
- Seek direction, ask questions and engage in meaningful dialogue with direct supervisor and fellow team members.
- Share individual passions and talents to show ability in advocating for healthier generations
- Demonstrate upbeat, approachable and engaging personality in order to inspire children and families to enroll in Gen H
- Collaborate with team to create tools, materials and elevate organizational needs
- Commitment to on-going professional development and participation in regular team in-service opportunities.
Please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Police Information Clearance within the past 3 years (current staff); 6 months (new staff)
- Background in the field of physical literacy/child development studies/ physical education/ kinesiology
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Certification in Climbing Gym Instructor level one considered an asset
- Minimum 2-years’ experience, instructing children
We thank all interested candidates for their interest in VIVO. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.