Play Lab Attendant
This opportunity is for 6+ hours per week
At Vivo we are a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
As a Vivo Play Lab Attendant, this position will support the Innovation Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. As a high energy, approachable, passionate people person, you can help drive our cause and create exceptional experiences for our guests.
Reports to: Coordinator, Early Years
- Provide care and supervision of children ages 3 months to 9 years.
- Create engaging, interactive and exciting programs to meet the children’s physical, social and emotional needs.
- Maintain open communication with parents and provide exceptional customer service.
- Assist with set-up and take down of room.
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Genuinely understand and reflect Vivo Values, Mission and commitments toward our community’s chosen Vivo Elements.
- Deliver a high standard of effective supervision, risk assessment, best practices (Gen H lifestyle) and duty of care of all children and adults within the VDPP at all times.
- Demonstrate knowledge and respect of Alberta Childcare Licencing regulations and Alberta Health and Safety Guidelines pertaining to Childcare facilities.
- Consistently contribute to a safe working environment by adhering to all Vivo Health and Safety requirements and Emergency Response Procedures.
- Participate in and help build authentic, responsible relationships with the VDPP children and their families and all Vivo team members in order to provide an authentic uplifting community experience.
- Provide personal care and support non- preparatory food service to ages 3 months to 9 years old.
- Demonstrate upbeat, approachable, and an active personality in order to inspire and provide participants with a sense of self and place.
- Explore and experiment with Play based experiences as well as social, inclusive, learning environments for the VDPP and implement and measure new ways of building play based/ spontaneous experiences to provide children and their families with a sense of self and place.
- Facilitate, program, and perform equipment set-up and partial take down.
- Participate and engage children 3 months to 9 years in developmentally appropriate activities in the Play Lab environment and the designated outdoor space.
- Provide regular community connection about the Power of Play and Vivo Services.
- Provide and complete regular feedback both verbally and written (each scheduled shift) of each VDPP experiences to ensure STATS on attendance, experiences and continuous connection with families are completed.
- Maintain equipment care and organization.
- Seek direction, ask questions and engage in thoughtful connection with your Early Years Coordinator.
- Act as a role model of teamwork, demonstrating resilience and innovation in the Play field.
- Collaborate with the team to create special events, and materials that benefit the children, families and organizational needs.
- Attend all Vivo training and team building events.
- Share individual passion and talents to show how you are an advocate of Raising Healthier Generations.
- Be consistently active in professional and personal development to achieve organizational competencies.
All interested candidates, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, please state this opportunity in the Subject Line.Thank you for your interest in VIVO. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.This opportunity will remain active until a candidate is hired.
- Ability to respect children’s and adult’s individualized personality and developmental capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Empathetic and proactive problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the importance of physical literacy skills and growth mind set.
- Exceptional customer engagement skills.
- Current Standard First Aid (SFA) and CPR-C/AED certification.
- Police Information Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Search, completed within the past 3 years (current staff); 6 months (new staff).
- Minimum one year previous experience in the field of child care.
- Child Development Assistant (formerly Level 1) Alberta Day Care Certification (considered an asset).