Climbing Wall Instructor
Posted Aug 30, 2019 - Closing Sep 16, 2019
Can you take the customer experience to new heights? Are you an advocate of holistic health and wellbeing? We are seeking a high energy, approachable, passionate people person who can help drive our cause and create exceptional experiences for our guests. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Community Services Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Engage our customers with a friendly, welcoming and helpful attitude.
- Able to make every visit memorable.
- Be knowledgeable and informative on bouldering, top roping and lead climbing.
- Educate and engage drop-in public on climbing techniques.
- Conduct belay testing for new drop-in climbers.
- Design and implement plans for school groups, birthday groups, and private wall bookings
- Maintain inventory and equipment; ensure necessary repairs are completed.
What Your Talents Include:
- Exceptional customer engagement skills.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED Certification.
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request).
- A minimum of one year experience bouldering, top roping/lead climbing.
- Previous experience in a coaching/instructing capacity.
- A minimum of one year experience working with children.
- ACMG - CIG Climbing Instructor certification (Level 1) (Considered an asset)
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume by to firstname.lastname@example.org. This opportunity will remain open until we find suitable candidates.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time