At Vivo we're on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
Gen H is our movement to achieve this vision. It is a generation that you choose to be a part of rather than being born into. It’s a movement of striving to make progress on theirs and their community’s health.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
To help fuel this, the Innovation team co-creates, implements, measures and scales local solutions to the everyday challenges people face in their communities. Our team’s three big tasks over the next 5-10 years is to help bring the Gen H movement to life through the Gen H Lifestyle Experience, Gen H Play Project and North Calgary a Complete Community Initiative.
As Aquatic Instructor, you are responsible for providing safe and enjoyable aquatic teaching experiences.? You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause and play an instrumental role in bringing the Gen H experiences to life. You’ll engage with passion and be accountable to the team to deliver strong results and impact.
Reports to: Aquatic Program Coordinator
- Be a knowledgeable touchpoint for customers about experiences across all areas and reflect Vivo’s Gen H elements into each guest experience in the Aquatics area
- Adhere to all training and certifications in accordance with Standard First Aid and Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certifications and Alberta Health Services Standards including safety supervision and best practices
- Lead and/or assist in high stress emergency situations following Emergency Response Procedures
- Come prepared and organized to evaluate and record student progress and attendance and plan and deliver engaging dynamic lessons in accordance to Red Cross Standards and Gen H principles
- Contribute to a safe working environment by adhering to all Vivo Health and Safety requirements
- Participate in exploring, experimenting, and implementing new ways of building play based/ spontaneous experiences as well as social, inclusive, learning environments for the Aquatics area
- Ensure the best possible customer experience for participants and families in programs by being present, knowledgeable, engaged and empathetic to their needs
- Demonstrate upbeat, approachable, and an active personality in order to inspire and provide guests with a sense of self and place to belong
- Build authentic, respectful relationships with guests and all Vivo team members in order to provide the best possible community experience
- Seek direction from Aquatics Coordinators & Aquatic Supervisors
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development activities and facility functions for continuous growth
- Collaborate with the team to create tools and materials that benefit guests and organizational needs
- Share individual passion and talents to show how you are an advocate of raising healthier generations
- Act as a role model of teamwork and leads the energy each shift to create a positive work environment
- Ensure certifications are up to date and copies provided
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification
- National Lifeguard, Lifesaving Instructor, First Aid Instructor considered assets
Please email your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity will remain open until position is filled.
Thank you for your interest in Vivo!