At Vivo we're on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We want Canadians of all ages to achieve their optimal health at home, school, work and play. We’re creating local, evidence-based solutions to support individuals and whole communities be more active and connected by charting a course to make 10% shifts - shifts in people’s lifestyles, shifts in the care and design of communities and shifts in decision making at organizational and government levels.
Gen H is our movement to achieve this vision. It is a generation that you choose to be a part of rather than being born into. It’s a movement of striving to make progress on theirs and their community’s health.
With the support of new experiences and innovative built environments created with and for the community, their success stories will be proof of our mission in action. They’ll serve as powerful motivation for others, in Calgary and across the nation, to make their own changes for life.
To help fuel this, the Innovation team co-creates, implements, measures and scales local solutions to the everyday challenges people face in their communities. Our team’s three big tasks over the next 5-10 years is to help bring the Gen H movement to life through the Gen H Lifestyle Experience, Gen H Play Project and North Calgary a Complete Community Initiative.
As a Lifeguard, you are responsible for the safety of aquatic facilities and providing enjoyable aquatic experiences. You will create and connect with our customers, community and employees in ways that are impactful in driving and advancing our cause and play an instrumental role in bringing the Gen H experiences to life. You’ll engage with passion and be accountable to the team to deliver strong results and impact.
Reports to: Aquatic Coordinator
- Be a knowledgeable touchpoint for customers about experiences across all areas and reflect Vivo’s Gen H elements into each guest experience in the Aquatics area
- Use active guarding techniques; including roaming, scanning and blind spot checks
- Demonstrate a high standard of Safety Supervision and best practices of incident prevention
- Deliver a high sense of urgency, ability to think clearly while handling multiple priorities in emergency situations
- Adhere to all training and certifications in accordance with Standard First Aid and National Lifeguard certifications and Alberta Health Services Standards
- Lead and/or assist in high stress emergency situations following Emergency Response Procedures in aquatics and provide support to the entire facility
- Ensure customer compliance with safety standards and procedures at all times
- Contribute to a safe working environment by adhering to all Vivo Health and Safety requirements
- Participate in exploring, experimenting, and implementing new ways of building play based/ spontaneous experiences as well as social, inclusive, learning environments for the Aquatics area
- Demonstrate upbeat, approachable, and an active personality in order to inspire and provide guests with a sense of self and place to belong
- Build authentic, respectful relationships with guests and all Vivo team members in order to provide the best possible community experience.
- Seek direction from Aquatics Coordinators & Aquatic Supervisors
- Take ownership over the cleaning, maintenance and operations of the Aquatic facility
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development activities and facility functions for continuous growth
- Collaborate with the team to create tools and materials that benefit guests and organizational needs
- Share individual passion and talents to show how you are an advocate of raising healthier generations
- Act as a role model of teamwork and lead the energy each shift to create a positive work environment
- Manage and respect the equipment and environment to ensure safety and the ability to play is met
- Maintain a level of fitness necessary to fulfill the practical elements of Lifeguarding
- Ensure certifications are up to date and copies provided
- Current NL Certification
- Minimum of 16 years old of age
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Water Safety Instructor Trainer, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, National Lifeguard Instructor, First Aid Instructor considered assets
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Opportunity will remain open until positon is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted.