Posted Jul 10, 2019 - Closing Jul 28, 2019
40 Hours Per Week
Monday - Friday
Four 10 Hour Shifts Per Week Or Five 8 Hour Shifts Per Week
Ability To Work At 5:00 AM On A Rotational Basis
Do you have a keen eye for detail and broad knowledge of building operations? We are seeking a high energy, approachable, passionate people person who can help drive our cause and create exceptional experiences for our guests through day-to-day building maintenance. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Facility Operations Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Engage our customers with a friendly, welcoming and helpful attitude acting as the face of the facility.
- Able to make every visit memorable.
- Provide ongoing general repair and maintenance including; drywall, painting, minor plumbing, minor carpentry, tile replacement, etc.
- Conduct regular pool chemistry tests, provide general arena janitorial duties and operate ice-leveling equipment.
- Provide support on special projects.
- Provide prompt response to maintenance requests.
- Be a key responder in our emergency procedures.
- Operate equipment including, Ice resurface machine, ice edger, various power tools, saw, drill, auger, pumps, and floor cleaning equipment.
- Perform general janitorial work including washroom clean up, arena dressing room cleaning, including officials rooms, general cleanup up of the arenas and grounds.
- Perform Maintenance duties for the arena equipment (including ice surfaces), facility (including swimming pool equipment), grounds and related equipment.
- Accurately document ice plant, boilers readings, as well as pool chemistry testing results.
- Available to work evening as well as weekends, hours ranging from 4:30 AM to 1:30 AM
- Professional appearance including wearing uniform, ice grips and steel toed boots or shoes
- Knowledgeable and understanding of building management systems (BMS).
- Engage our guests with a friendly welcoming and helpful attitude acting as the face of the facility
- Respond to questions and concerns from public regarding issues and inquiries, and regarding facility operation and safety
- Be actively involved in maintaining safe work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reinforce the organization’s vision, values, purpose, strategic priorities, results/outcomes in all dealings with customers and staff across the organization
- Collaborate with the team to create tools and materials
- Perform strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Maintain professional and personal development to achieve organizational competencies
- Contribute to a safe working environment by adhering to all Vivo Health and Safety requirements
- Act as a role model of teamwork, demonstrating resilience and initiative
- Act as a trusted advisor and coach to colleagues, continuously challenge and champion standards of excellence in integrated work practices to enhance customer experience, organizational accountability, productivity and sustainability
What Your Talents Include:
- Exceptional customer engagement skills.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED Certification.
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request).
- 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Building Operator or related maintenance role.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- AARFP Pool/Arena Operator Levels 1 (Required)
- AARFP Pool/Arena Operator Levels 2 (Considered an asset)
- Ability to work evenings/weekends is required.
- Ability to lift objects up to 70lbs.
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before July 28th 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted.