Coordinator, Philanthropy and Stewardship
Posted May 2, 2019 - Closing May 19, 2019
2 Year Term Position
Are you a natural relationship builder with the ability to make meaningful connections? Do you pride yourself on your philanthropic abilities? If you have a keen eye for detail and the ability to foster and grow relationships, the Advancement team is looking for you!
Vivo has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic go-getter with strong communication skills for the position of Coordinator, Philanthropy and Stewardship. As Coordinator, Philanthropy and Stewardship for the Advancement team, you are at the core of the team’s operations and activities that keeps the team moving forward. You’ll anticipate the needs of your team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You will move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest business priorities. You will use that knowledge to strategically support your team's projects and will combine your organizational, analytical, and excellent business judgment and communication skills to support and interact with a variety of key stakeholders and job functions to advance Vivo’s cause. You will actively engage in a variety of activities to ensure that donors experience high-quality interactions with the organization that foster long-term engagement and investment.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for all philanthropy support; communicating with donors, providing written communication, stewardship reports, grant writing, and other projects related to philanthropy
- Oversee timely, quality donor stewardship & reporting for all donors
- Work across the organization to gather information needed for philanthropy asks
- Perform all administrative tasks and organize logistics for all philanthropy and stewardship matters(calendar management, book facilities and equipment, manage meeting agendas, as well as process expense reports and signature requests)
- Act as a focal point of contact for the Advancement team and their external stakeholders, appropriately handling confidential information as necessary
- Plan and manage philanthropic related events and activities and budget for the same
- Keep the Sr. Manager, Advancement and colleagues informed of significant opportunities and issues that impact the achievement of philanthropy related goals
- Initiate and build efficiency, effective responsiveness and evaluation mechanisms into existing operations and practices to ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Continuously challenge and champion standards of excellence in integrated work practices to enhance organizational accountability, productivity and sustainability
What Your Talents Include:
- Post-Secondary Diploma and/or University Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years’ experience in providing high-quality professional philanthropy/administrative support to executives within a fast-paced team environment.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working with donors in a philanthropic environment
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C/AED certifications
- Highly organized with strong computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request)
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume on or before May 19, 2019 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted.