Summer Camp Instructor (June 2019 – August 2019)
Do you have a desire to create exceptional and memorable experiences for children and youth? We are seeking a high energy, approachable, passionate people person who can help drive our cause and create exceptional experiences for our guests. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Customer Experience Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Engage our customers with a friendly, welcoming and helpful attitude.
- Able to make every visit memorable.
- Deliver quality guidance, fun and supervision to all youth campers (3-15 years old).
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptionally developed problem solving, conflict resolution and customer service abilities.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Create and implement quality intentional weekly lesson plans including the daily schedule.
What Your Talents Include:
- Exceptional customer engagement skills.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED Certification.
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request).
- A minimum of one year experience working with children/youth in a camp or recreational setting preferred.
- High Five: Principles of Healthy Childhood Development (considered an asset).
- The ability to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30am – 5:30pm, in a fast-paced, team oriented yet self-directed work environment; availability for training provided in June 2019
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before March 24th, 2019.
*Non-traditional cover letters are encouraged.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted.