SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE SPECIALIST (MAY 2019 – AUGUST 2019)
Your role as a Summer Camp – Employee Experience Specialist includes working part-time in May to June and full-time hours in the months of July and August with the Administrative & Volunteer Experience Specialists, Camp Instructors and Youth Volunteers. The ideal candidate has a desire to create quality, intentional camp programs, memorable customer experiences, leadership skills, experience working with children and specific expertise in one of the areas of specialization above. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Innovation Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Lead, support and supervise camp staff through scheduling, training and program plan development
- Provide quality leadership and guidance in camp programming, behavior management and camper leadership
- Coordinate all day camp activities such as arts, crafts, and special events
- Actively implement and/or instruct specialty programing to be developmentally appropriate
- Gather resources and create a resource binder for your programs
- Provide quality care, fun and supervision to all day campers (children 3-15 years old)
- Create memorable customer experiences, including problem solving and conflict resolution
- Maintain open communication with parents and providing exceptional customer experience to parents and children
- Mentorship for Camp Instructors, providing ongoing professional development
- Provide first aid care when necessary
- Assist in leading weekly team meetings
- Submit weekly reviews of camps along with monthly and season end reports
- Assist in facilitation of Summer Camp Instructor training provided in June 2019
What Your Talents Include:
- A minimum of one year post secondary education in a related field or equivalent
- A minimum of two years experience working with children in a camp or recreational setting
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills and well developed problem solving abilities
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:15am – 5:45pm, in a fast-paced, team oriented yet self-directed environment
- Current Standard First Aid CPR-C/AED certifications
- Certified in High Five: Principles of Healthy Childhood Development and Healthy Minds for Healthy Children (preferred)
- Any certifications relating to Dance, Drama or Music are considered an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before March 17th, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
*Non-traditional cover letters are encouraged.