Summer Camp – Administrative Specialist
Posted Feb 27, 2019 - Closing Mar 17, 2019
SUMMER CAMP ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (MAY 2019 – AUGUST 2019)
Your role as a Summer Camp – Administrative Specialist includes working part-time in May to June and full-time hours in the months of July and August with the Employee Experience & Volunteer Experience Specialists, Camp Instructors and Youth Volunteers. The ideal candidate has a desire to create quality, intentional camp programs, memorable customer experiences, leadership skills, experience working with children and specific expertise in one of the areas of specialization above. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Innovation Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Manage weekly registration, waitlists, provide quality customer service to external and internal customers including problem solving and conflict resolution
- Gather resources and create a resource binder for your programs
- Implement weekly team meetings and complete weekly reviews and monthly reports
- Book special guests
- Provide quality care, fun and supervision to all day campers (children 3-15 years old)
- Control supplies and equipment inventory
- Manage and maintain the summer camp budget
- Maintain open communication with parents and providing exceptional customer experience to parents and children
- Submit season- end reports from the specialists with information about expenses and camp registration
- Assist in facilitation of Summer Camp Instructor training provided in June 2019
What Your Talents Include:
- A minimum of one year post secondary education in a related field or equivalent
- A minimum of two years experience working with children in a camp or recreational setting
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Exceptional customer service skills and well developed problem solving abilities
- The ability to work Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:15am – 5:45pm, in a fast-paced, team oriented yet self-directed environment
- A strong work ethic and initiative relating to continuous improvement
- Computer software skills in MS Office & Intelli leisure considered an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED Certification
- Any certifications relating to Business Administration are considered an asset
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com on or before March 17th, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
*Non-traditional cover letters are encouraged.