Posted Jan 22, 2019 - Closing Mar 7, 2019
Tuesday & Thursday 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 10:45 AM - 1:00 PM
3 - 10 Hours Per Week
Lace up your skates and get on the ice! As a dynamic, experienced Skating Instructor your role includes actively engaging with customers by playing games, teaching techniques and ensuring safety on the ice. We are seeking a high energy, approachable, passionate people person who can help drive our cause and create exceptional experiences for our guests. As a key member of the Vivo team, this position will support the Community Services Team and help advance the cause to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest; interested in the world around you.
- Seeker of the new and different; willing to share and test innovative ideas.
- Future focused creative thinker; always looking to the possibilities.
- Flexible and malleable; embracer of change.
- Advocate of our organizational values; Impact; Curiosity; Courage; Together; Connection.
- ‘Can Do’ attitude; willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Engage our customers with a friendly, welcoming and helpful attitude.
- Able to make every visit memorable.
- Organize drills, games and activities for parent and child shinny and public skate.
- Lead/assist with emergency situations.
- Coach the Vivo Sk8 program to participants of various ages and abilities.
- Work with other skating instructors on the ice to ensure participant safety and enjoyment.
- Complete report evaluations of participants at end of skating sessions.
What Your Talents Include:
- Exceptional customer engagement skills.
- Vivo Sk8 Level 5 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a coaching/instructing capacity, preferably in figure skating or hockey. (considered an asset).
- A minimum of one year experience working with children.
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C/AED Certification.
- A Police Information Check – Vulnerable Sectors valid within the last 6 months (or receipt as proof of request).
- NCCP Certification or Can Skate Certification (considered an asset).
The Next Steps:
Please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 7th 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Those under consideration will be contacted once the posting has closed.