REGISTERED PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES ‘PAUSED’
Effective Nov. 13, all of our registered, group-based programs and activities are on ‘pause’ for the next two weeks as per further clarity from Alberta Health Services regarding restrictions to indoor group fitness classes and team-based sports activities as this also includes now all ‘learn to’ lessons and sport-based practices.
A credit will be placed on the participants’ account for the ‘paused’ classes account starting today.
Registered, group-based programs and activities that are ‘paused’ include:
- Swim, Skate and Climbing (group and private lessons)
- Parent & Tot and Family Play
- Youth Leadership
- 4 in 1 Physical Literacy Program
- Birthday Parties
Drop-in and individual-based activities including fitness workouts, public swimming, skating, climbing, ping pong, badminton and pickleball are still running as-is. Proof of residency will be required upon entry into the facility with the exception of fitness workouts.
The following is also temporarily suspended as of the latest mandate from the Alberta Government (as of Nov. 24):
- NEW: All Community bookings (November 27)
- NEW: Outdoor Play Hubs/Events at Vivo and in North Central Calgary locations with Play Project (effectively immediately)
- All faith–based group gatherings can only be 1/3 of room capacity.
- Child Care/Play Lab
|Drop-In Classes Postponed Until Further Notice
|All Spin/cycle Classes
||Low Impact Total Body
||Full Body Surge
What members, guests and the community can still do during this time:
- NEW: Household Cohort Bookings will be available to individuals residing in the same household. Proof of residency will be required upon entry into the facility.
- NEW: Sports only by the exemption of Chief Medical Officer
- Some group fitness classes will move online through Virtual Vivo starting Nov 13.
- Drop-in individual-based activities including fitness workouts, swimming, skating, climbing, ping pong, badminton and pickleball
- Preschool/Little Kids Active Learners in accordance with Alberta Education guidelines
We have robust measures and protocols (see section 4) in place to support the health and safety of our staff, members, guests, community and partners.
Your experience is our top priority. Please continue to practice these healthy habits while visiting us.
HOW TO ACCESS VIVO EXPERIENCES:
- Pre-book your spot for all drop-in activities through the “TechnoGym mywellness” app.
- Experiences can be pre-booked up to 48 hours in advance OR up until the experience start time only if space is available.
- The primary account holder will receive an email from Technogym with a link to activate their account.
|Download the ‘MyWellness App’
||Download the ‘MyWellness App’
||Download the ‘MyWellness App’
|Complete your profile with your active primary email
||Complete your profile with your active primary pass holder email
||Complete your profile with your active primary email
|Pre-book your Vivo experiences
||You can now book Family/Cohort Experiences. If individuals on your family pass would like to book individual experiences. Vivo will have to add them to your account. You will have to email the following information:
- Full Name
- Membership Number
|Parent or guardian will have to fill out a one-time waiver for everyone under the age of 18. Then you can prebook your spot for Vivo Experiences. Please note: Drop-in gym and the fitness areas are for ages 9+
FOR DROP-IN ADMISSION:
- Check-in Guest Services
- For ages 16+ we require a government ID
- Vivo staff will add you to our program system
- We require all members of your party to be registered in our system and follow the healthy habit protocols. Forms are available online on your phone.
- Please arrive 15 mins prior to your drop-in time.
*Reservations are subject to availability
SPECTATORS IN THE ARENA
Click HERE for the latest information
MASKS AND FACE COVERINGS
All persons must wear a face-covering in indoor public premises and public vehicles as per the City’s Bylaw. We are required to have people wear a face covering for the duration of their visit UNLESS they are participating in fitness activities or meet the exceptions outlined in the bylaw. Learn more about the bylaw Vivo will have masks available for purchase in two locations:
- At Guest Services for $2.38 + GST ($2.50)
- In the vending machine outside of Aquatics should customers wish to purchase more.
Masks with exhalation valves or vents are NOT recommended by AHS.
- These masks do not protect others from COVID-19 or limit the spread of the virus.
- This is because they allow infectious respiratory droplets to spread outside the mask.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Effective November 1, 2020, our hours of operation will change to:
- Monday – Friday 5:30 am – 10:00 pm (we are no longer closed between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm with the exception of the pool area)
- Saturday & Sunday – 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Statutory Holidays – CLOSED
See our Holiday Hours
Note-The pool closes 30 mins before the rest of the facility.
WHERE TO ENTER, EXIT AND PARK
Park, scan your pass, drop-in and pay in the East Entrance to access the Arenas, Guest Services, Fitness Centre, Skate Doctor and Panther Sports Medicine and West Entrance to access the Country Hills Public Library, Guest Services, Jugo Juice, Pool, Gymnasiums, Climbing, School and Community Groups activities.
Public Swimming & Swim Lessons Enter and exit the West entrance and let Guest Services know you have arrived for lessons.
Aquafit: as per the latest restrictions mandated by Alberta Health Services to help prevent the spread of COVID 19 is temporarily suspended
Public Skating, Skate Lessons & Shinny Hockey: Enter and exit the East Entrance and check-in at Guest Services located by the Fitness area entrance.
Fitness: Enter and exit the East Entrance to access the fitness centre or group fitness classes.
Enter the West Entrance (Genstar Wing Door) and exit via (Play Lab/Child Care Doors).
Child Care: as per the latest restrictions mandated by Alberta Health Services to help prevent the spread of COVID 19 is temporarily suspended.
Northern Hills Community Association
The office is not open to the public. Remote work and community activities are happening. Visit nhca.ca for more information.
Panther Sports Medicine
The East Entrance is the main entrance and exit for clients of Panther Sports Medicine.
Visit panthersportsmedicine.com for more information about their reopening.
Calgary Public Library
The West Entrance is the main entrance and exit for staff, volunteers and guests of Calgary Public Library.
Visit calgarylibrary.ca for more information.
Customers can visit Skate Doctor’s website www.skatedoc.ca to make arrangements for all services.
Washrooms are available inside the building. Additional cleaning and safety measures are in place to protect members, guests and staff.
Food and Drink
Touchless Water Bottle Fill Stations are available at the Arenas, Gymnasiums on the Pool Deck. Please bring your own water bottle.
Public Lockers are available only for Swimming. Guests are encouraged to come dressed to do their activity and to leave valuables and personal belongings at home.
ATM are temporarily unavailable.