Section 1: REOPENING STAGES
- What are Vivo’s Stages of Opening the facility?
- Stage 1 (July 27)– Fitness Centre & West Arena Bookings
- Stage 2 (August 10-18)- East Arena/Gymnasiums for bookings& Fall/Winter Program Registration
- Stage 3 (September 1-18) Memberships re-activate, Main Pool, Play Lab, Climbing & Fall Programs & Services
Check out vivo.ca for the latest updates, to sign up and ‘Pre-book your Spot’ in all experiences or donate to our Everybody Plays campaign.
Why is Vivo opening the building in stages and not all at one time?
We’re opening the facility in stages to be in accordance with local health orders, recalling staff and putting new protocols in place for training, spaces, equipment and experiences so we can provide healthy and PLAYFUL experiences for you.
Check out vivo.ca for the latest updates, to sign up and ‘Pre-book your Spot’ in all experiences or donate to our Everybody Plays campaign.
What are the protocols when I visit Vivo now?
We developed some new protocols around visiting Vivo to ensure you know what to expect and do before, during and after your visit. Please click our 3 Step Checklist to access & use Vivo or visit our reopening page
SECTION 2: MEMBERSHIP & FEES
How long can I put my current Vivo membership on hold?
We’re targeting re-activating all memberships by September 1, 2020, when full operations resume. We’re offering our members a 6-month hold option to provide flexibility with people’s lifestyles. This hold option is available for members to take advantage of July 20-August 20, 2020.
After August 20, 2020, our regular hold policy of 3 months is in effect. If you choose to put your membership on hold, it would be from September 1, 2020 –February 1, 2021. On February 1, 2021, your membership would automatically re-activate. If you’re ready to come back sooner, you can call, come in-person or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your membership re-activated. Visit the membership page to put a hold on your membership.
If I have a Vivo pre-paid annual membership, what happens to my account when it is re-activated when Vivo fully re-opens?
Your membership will be extended for the length of time that Vivo was closed (i.e. 5 months). We are targeting to re-activate all regular memberships on September 1, 2020, as we resume full operations. Your expiry date will be extended by 5 months to accommodate the duration of the closure.
If I have a Vivo monthly Continuous Membership what happens to my account when Vivo fully re-opens?
We are targeting to re-activate all types of memberships on September 1, 2020, as we resume full operations. To ensure you receive the full “value” of your membership from March 16-31, 2020 you will have the opportunity to access our facility from August 16-31, 2020 before re-activating your membership payments on September 1.
Will you be reducing membership fees because of the limited temporary Vivo service offerings?
We’re offering members an exclusive summer fitness pass at $80/per person (prorated to the day you sign up) for all online, outdoor and in-person fitness experiences during July/August to give members ‘value back’ on not having to pay their regular monthly fees as we continue to add back full services by September.
We are targeting to re-active all memberships on September 1, 2020. Current membership fees will remain the same. Vivo commits to providing a minimum of 30 days notification to our members for any changes in fees, membership benefits and policies.
I cancelled my membership when Vivo temporarily closed. If I purchase a new membership again, do I have to pay another Customer Experience Enhancement Fee?
We’re offering previous members who cancelled their Vivo membership a limited time offer from August 16-September 30, 2020 to purchase a new membership with no Customer Experience Enhancement Fee. Any requests after October 1, 2020, will be charged the Customer Experience Enhancement Fee.
What if I cannot afford my membership?
We recognize everyone has special circumstances. Vivo offers an Everybody Plays Campaign with fee assistance services for our memberships with the City of Calgary. For fee assistance with memberships, please visit www.calgary.ca for information on the Fair Entry Program.
What if I want or need to cancel my pre-paid annual membership?
The Pre-Paid membership is non-refundable. You can cancel your membership and receive a refund for medical or re-location outside of Calgary. You must provide documentation to our Guest Services team. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
What can I do with credits on my Vivo account?
Participants enrolled in programs that were cancelled due to COVID-19 have received a credit on their Vivo account. You can apply your credits to our Summer Fitness Pass, save them for a future program or donate them to our Everybody Plays Campaign so everyone in the community can live an active lifestyle. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate your credits.
Section 3: FACILITY ACCESS
What are Vivo’s Hours of Operation?
For July and August, we’ve changed our hours of operation to align with our re-opening stages.
Monday- Friday- 5:30am-1:00pm & 4:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday – 7:00am-1:00pm
Holidays – closed
Access will include our Fitness Centre, Summer Experiences, pre-booked spaces including gymnasiums and designated community spaces. As of September 1, 2020, we are targeting to resume regular operating hours.
Note- Arena and Community rental times are based on current bookings. To book a space and time for your group email email@example.com.
Where do I enter and exit the building for any of my experiences at Vivo?
We’ve had to change a few things to be in compliance with local health authorities for physical distancing and gathering, sizes, as well as to ensure a positive experience for customers. Here’s how to access Vivo:
East Entrance (back parking lot by arenas)- If you are accessing the Fitness Centre and Arenas you will park, scan your pass or drop-in and pay at our East Entrance for this summer and fall.
West Entrance– Access to the Country Hills Library will be at the west entrance. As of September 1, 2020, when we resume full operations you will be able to use this entrance to access our pool, gyms and public spaces.
Can children and youth access the Fitness Centre and experiences during the summer?
Youth 12-16Y can access certain areas in our fitness zones and group fitness classes with an adult. All Youth are required to take a Fitness Orientation to learn the how to’s across signing up and using the equipment properly, workout etiquette and personal tips for young people to learn more about moving their body in different ways. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your time with a Lifestyle Fitness Consultant!
Why do I have to Pre-book my spot for Vivo experiences?
Your experience is our top priority. We’ve added a ‘Pre-book Your Spot’ system to adhere to local health orders for capacity and physical distancing standards as well as provide a positive and engaging experience for you. During July and August, you’ll Pre-Book Your Spot for all online, indoor and in- person fitness classes as well as access to our new ‘Fitness Centre boutique zones’.
Note- You will be contacted by a Vivo staff member if you do not show up for your pre-booked spot. Repeat no-show incidents may result in your booking privileges being revoked.
How do I sign up and pre-book my spot to access classes, equipment and facilities?
During July/August we’re offering an exclusive Summer Fitness Pass to access to our newly configured Fitness Centre as well as online, outdoor and in- person group fitness classes to our current members and those new to Vivo.
Step 1: Sign Up and Pay for your Summer Fitness Pass
Step 2: Download the MyWellness App
Step 3: Pre-book Your Spot by selecting ‘Fitness Centre Zone’
Can I pre-book multiple spots in one day?
Currently, you can book one spot per day to access any of our outdoor or in-person fitness zones, equipment and group fitness classes.
Online group fitness classes can have multiple bookings, please visit Virtual Vivo.
Is there a time duration applicable when I pre-book my spot?
During the summer we are offering online, outdoor and in-person fitness experiences. You can access our online prerecorded fitness classes 24/7. Here is the duration of the in-person ‘Play Time’ for each Fitness zone.
Zone 1 (Blue) ‘New to Fitness & Love Easy Machines’- 1 hour
Zone 2 (Green) ’Heavy Lifters who love Challenge & Plate Loaded Machines’- 2 hours
Zone 3 (Yellow) ‘Fitness Enthusiasts’ who love Cardio, HIIT, Squat Racks & Kettle Bells’- 2 hours
Zone 4 (Pink) ‘Cardio Lovers who choose their own Adventure & Free weights’- 1.5 hours
Note: Some zones may close early or have a shortened time due to the facility hours of operation.
How far in advance can I pre-book my spot?
Currently, you can pre-book your spot 2 days in advance.
Have Vivo’s onsite partner re-opened too?
Panther Sports Medicine and the Country Hills Library have opened their services at Vivo. Northern Hills Community Association re-opens July 13-17, 2020. Skate Doctor and Jugo Juice services are not available July and August. Check out the onsite partners’ websites for the latest update on their resuming services and hours of operations.
Will public spaces and seating be available?
Vivo’s public spaces and seating is temporarily unavailable in accordance with local health authority restrictions and guidelines. Community spaces are available to be booked at email@example.com
Can I access the Locker Rooms and/or the wallet lockers?
Currently, access to locker rooms and wallet lockers at Vivo is unavailable. We encourage you to come dressed appropriately and ready to go for your experience as recommended within the current provincial guidelines for indoor recreation. Please leave your bags, valuables and personal belongings at home.
Will water fountains be available?
Water fountains are not available, however bottle fillers (where possible) are available for personal use. Please bring your own water bottles. Dumping of water and spitting is not permitted in the fountains.
I can see there is space in the Fitness Centre, however the booking start time has passed. Can I still book?
To ensure a quality experience booking closes at the start of the booking time. If you are interested in joining into the fitness centre after a booking has started, please speak with a member of our Guest Services team as we do allow walk-ins and they will be able to confirm which locations still have space.
Why isn’t the pool open?
- During the extended mandated closure, the pool was drained so that pool maintenance, repairs and extra cleaning could be scheduled and completed.
- Unlike other pools, we are unable to offer lane swimming that maintains a proper distance between swimmers. Where other facilities can book lanes to properly distance swimmers, we are unable to do this. In expansion with our proposed 6-lane pool, we will be in a much better position to offer lane swimming!
- Hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms have not yet received the go-head for reopening from Alberta Health Services.
SECTION 4: HEALTH AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
Am I required to wear a mask/face covering at Vivo?
UPDATED JULY 29: In accordance with the new Bylaw (NUMBER 26M2020), guests and employees are required to wear a mask/face covering indoors. Businesses are not expected to deny services as not everyone is required to wear a face covering. Exceptions to the face coverings bylaw include:
- Children under 2 years of age
- People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face-covering
- People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- People who are eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability
- People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
What measures has Vivo put in place to create positive and healthy experiences?
- Online Pre-screen Health Assessment tool for people to complete prior to accessing the facility.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols for staff, spaces and experiences.
- Additional hand sanitization stations in all areas of the facility.
- Physical distancing measures including signage, floor decals and markings.
- Directional and designated pathways to control the flow of people throughout the entire facility.
- Reduced People Capacity at one time by using a Pre-Book Your Spot system.
- Plexi-Glass barriers at Guest Services, Fitness and Climbing Desks.
- Equipment Usage time limits.
- Removal of difficult to clean and non-essential equipment.
- Removal of lobby seating in all public areas.
- Removal of fans.
What can I do to help Vivo stay safe and healthy?
- Staying or going home if you are sick.
- Using the Designated Pathways.
- Practicing thorough HAND HYGIENE and avoid touching your face.
- Practicing PHYSICAL DISTANCING of 2m.
- Practicing sneeze and cough etiquette.
- Cleaning all surfaces touched during your visit.
- Using cashless forms of payment where possible. (Cash at Vivo is still accepted)
- Visiting Health Canada’s website or calling 811 if you are not feeling well.
- Supporting and upholding Vivo’s new protocols and ways of doings things with staff in the facility.
- Masks are recommended when you are not exercising. Please bring and use your own masks.
(Note-Vivo staff have the right to invoke a Zero Tolerance Policy and ask any guests to leave the facility immediately for demonstrating poor behaviours or not following protocols that have been put into place).
What enhanced cleaning protocols has Vivo put in place?
We have implemented the following additional cleaning protocols aligned with Health Canada guidelines:
- Frequent and documented sanitization of all areas of the facility especially those with high touchpoint surfaces.
- Full and deep clean of all high touch point facility areas from 1-4pm and electrostatic spray and fogger cleaning overnight every day.
- Use of hospital grade cleaning and disinfectants on all surfaces.
- Staff training and implementation of disinfection protocols and practices in each specific area as well as with every experience offering.
- Fitness Centre Zones will be closed for 30 minutes between bookings to sanitize.
- Equipment will have green and red signs. Green indicates the machine is fully sanitized, red means the equipment will be sanitized shortly.
Will I have to sign a waiver to access Vivo?
We are requiring all people using the facility to sign a one-time participation waiver so you have a clear understanding of the various risks of participating in any experiences at Vivo. You can Sign the Waiver ahead of time before your first visit with Vivo!
Will I have to do a Health Pre-Screen Check before coming to Vivo?
All guests and staff using Vivo are required to complete a pre-screen health check prior to accessing the facility every visit which includes three questions. The data is secure and won’t be collected or shared. The Health Pre-Screening helps you and your group determine if it is safe to be at Vivo. Complete the Health Pre-Screen before you visit Vivo!
Do I have to wear a mask at the facility and while working out?
Effective August 1, 2020 the City of Calgary has a new Bylaw requiring ‘All persons must wear a face covering in indoor public premises and in public vehicles.’ Vivo falls under the ‘indoor public’ premises definition and we are required to have people wear a face covering for the duration of their visit UNLESS they are participating in fitness activities or meet the exceptions outlined in the bylaw.
Note: According to health guidelines, it is NOT recommended you wear a mask while exercising, high intensity fitness workouts and classes or while using cardio equipment.
If I forget my mask will Vivo have masks available?
Yes. We have masks available for purchase in our vending machines.
What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
As per the City’s Bylaw 26M2020- ‘All persons must wear a face covering in indoor public premises and in public vehicles.’ Masks must be worn for the duration of your visit at Vivo UNLESS you are participating in fitness activities or meet the ‘Exceptions’ outlined in the Bylaw. Wearing a mask also supports your fellow community members, and Vivo’s staff long term health and sustainability. Note-Vivo staff have the right to invoke a Zero Tolerance Policy and ask any customers to leave the facility immediately for demonstrating poor behaviors or not wanting to follow any protocols that have been put into place.
What are the City’s Bylaw EXCEPTIONS to wear a mask?
Children under 2 years of age; Persons with underlying medical conditions, disabilities or accompanying a person with a disability inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering; Eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services; Engaging in athletic or fitness activities or Temporarily removing a face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (i.e. a visit to the dentist).
What should I do with my mask during my activity?
- Put your mask in a zip lock back or plastic bag to carry with you.
- Put your mask in your pocket.
- Leave it in your gym bag.
- Attach it to your water bottle.
- * Please do not place your mask on equipment, tables or public spaces occupied by other customers.
When I visit Vivo where and when do I have to wear my mask?
- When entering the facility.
- In the changerooms and washrooms.
- Walking in all public spaces to and from your workout.
- When exiting the facility.