Public Health Measures At Vivo
Effective September 23, 2021, Vivo will require government issued identification for anyone 12 years and older as per the City of Calgary BYLAW 65M2021 AND one of the following:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test
- Vaccine medical exemption letter
Anyone under the age of 12 or those visiting Vivo for school curriculum based activities under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of vaccination.
All existing masking and health protocols will remain in place and Vivo will continue to operate under the 1/3 capacity restrictions approach as we have since summer when construction began on our expansion project.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and kindness.
City of Calgary Bylaw
Proof of government issued ID
- Any person over the age of 12 years must provide one of the following Government Issued Identifications each time they enter the facility as per the bylaw and CMOH-43. Approved identification includes:
- Birth certificate issued by a government of a province of Canada
- Citizenship card
- Driver’s license issued by a government of a province of Canada
- Government (Alberta or other) issued identification card, including health card
- Certificate of Indian status
- Métis Nation of Alberta Association citizenship and identification card
- Inuit Status card
- Passport attesting to citizenship or other national status, issued by a government of any jurisdiction
- Permanent Resident Card
- Any other form of identification recognized by the Chief Medical Officer of Health
Proof of vaccination
Your proof of vaccination must display the name, type of vaccine and the date it was received.
This can be a paper COVID-19 vaccination record or shown on an digital device from:
- Alberta Health Services
- A First Nation
- Your pharmacy
- Your physician
- Another province or territory
- Canadian armed forces
Proof of negative test result
You can show a COVID-19 negative test result. Tests must be:
- Provided as an original or printed copy (photos are not sufficient)
- A Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR or lab-based PCR test
- Completed within the past 72 hours
- Vivo does not provide testing
Test results must show the type of test, time of sample collection, a clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the test.
Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories
Medical exemption from vaccine letter
You must show an original signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes:
- Your name matches your government issued identification (only for 12Y and older)
- Physician’s or nurse practitioner’s complete information, including their name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number and signature
- A statement that there is a medical reason for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- The duration that the exemption is valid
Vivo’s Masking Policy
- Masks are required at all times throughout the facility
Exceptions to wearing a face mask are as follows:
- Those participating in high intensity activity within the Fitness Centre, Gymnasiums and Arenas provided they are 3m distanced
- In the pool and showers. Masks are required on the pool deck and in the locker rooms
- Those 9 years old and younger who need assistance with helmets when participating in hockey or skating activities
- Those indicating and providing proof of medical exemption
After September 23, 2021:
- Children and youth programs (under 18 years) will remain, including swimming, skating, and rentals.
- Adults (18 years +) programs will continue to be paused for the time being. This impacts group fitness, adult swim, adult skate, adult hockey leagues and all gymnasium activities.
PROGRAMS & SERVICES
Drop-in day passes are currently paused until further notice.
Prebooking on the MyWellness app is still required for the fitness centre. Members are also encouraged to use this app to see the number of guests per space per booking time and the number of spots available.
All Group Fitness programs are paused until further notice.
Pool Closures may occur for drop-in swimming until further notice due to staffing shortages.
Pre-booking on the MyWellness app is required for swimming. Vivo encourages members to use this app to see the most up-to-date information on when the pool is open as well as how many spaces per booking time are available.
Masking is required in all areas of the pool deck until just prior to entering the water. Participants are asked to come ready to swim.
All adult group swimming programs are paused until further notice.
Parents will have the option to be in the water/ swim lesson with their child. Certain swim programs will remain parented/guardian required.
Participants are asked to come ready to swim. Spectators are limited to 1 adult per child and they must be masked and encouraged to maintain a 3m distance.
All adult group swimming programs are paused until further notice.
Rentals, Bookings & Events
All rental groups are required to check the proof of government issued identification, vaccination status of their participants, spectators, coaches, and volunteers. In order for Vivo to comply with the BYLAW, the responsibility for ensuring vaccination compliance is that of the rental group. In the event a fine is provided to the facility (Vivo), this will be charged back to the rental group as per the City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021 and the CMOH Order 43. Rental Groups will be required to check each practice, or provide a letter outlining those who are vaccinated. In the event the rental group is not willing to check proof of government issued ID, vaccination status or doesn’t follow the REP program as outlined by the City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021 and the CMOH Order 43, their rental space will be immediately cancelled.
Room capacities will remain reduced to 1/3 or less to ensure proper 2m distancing.
It is the responsibility of Sports Groups to ensure the masking expectations as determined by their governing sports body AND Vivo are being followed at all times. Sports Groups that are not involved in high-intensity training must remain masked. If the group is on a break between high-intensity intervals, resting or stretching, masking and social distancing are required.
All adult group physical activity and/or group competition are paused until further notice.
At this time all Birthday Parties are temporarily paused as per the CMOH Order 43 and City of Calgary BYLAW 65M2021 because birthday parties are considered as social gatherings under these mandates.
Guardians & Chaperons
Due to expansion and public measures in place from the City of Calgary and Alberta Government, Vivo is operating at 1/3 capacity and you must follow the rules below:
- All guardians & chaperones are required to ensure they provide proof of vaccination and government issued identification. Masking and physical distancing of 2m minimum is required at all times as per the REP program and City of Calgary Bylaw.
- Ages 12 and under – Up to 1 guardian is permitted per athlete/participant to support with equipment, safety and other logistics as required by the program or sports organization.
- Ages 13-17 years – guardians will be permitted to act as chaperones for the sports organization which must ensure capacities are met at all times.
- Parents with questions about hockey or figure skating are asked to work directly with the sports organization.
- The above expectations could change at any time based on the expansion or the evolving COVID-19 situation.
Vivo Play Project
Play Hub participants 12 years of age and older are required to show proof of vaccination and government issued identification.
Masking is required if Play Hub participants can’t maintain a 3m distance from other individuals or households.