Pool & Swim Lessons
The facility is open as outlined in the STEPS plan with Alberta Health Services as of April 7, 2021.
All current Swim and Skate registered programs are cancelled. All participants will be notified directly and a pro-rated credit will be placed on your account to use a future date. Email email@example.com for questions.
Swim Lesson Rules & Etiquette
- As mandated by the Alberta government, instructors must wear masks at all times and will be teaching from the pool deck.
- Come changed and ready to swim, to help us reduce traffic in the change rooms. Limited lockers are available.
- Masks are mandatory inside. Please keep your mask on as you enter the facility and on the pool deck.
- At this time, no spectators are permitted on the pool deck or in the facility during lessons.
- For Swim Kids levels 5-10, caregivers are not required but physical distancing requirements will be in place for participants. Children must pass the swimming pre-screen on the first day to ensure they can safely participate.
- Class sizes have been reduced to allow for physical distancing.
- Children cannot be left unattended on the pool deck while parents and siblings are in lessons.
- Lesson times are staggered by 5 minutes to allow for the disinfection of equipment between classes and to minimize congestion on the pool deck.
- Rules and protocols are subject to change based on mandates from the government.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT LESSONS:
No spectators at all will be permitted to remain in the facility during lessons.
Parent-assisted classes: If parents are in the water or on the ice with their children, they can be in the class with their children.
- All parents participating in a lesson will be required to wear a mask during the class.
In recent conversations with Alberta Health Services, we have found out that this includes parents assisting their children in the water during swimming lessons.
All other classes: parents will be required to leave the facility during their children’s lesson. If parents need to assist their children with changing in the change rooms five min before classes start or finish.
Swim Lesson Access
- Before your visit complete the one-time waiver and Daily Health Pre-screen at Vivo.ca
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your scheduled time
- Follow all directional signage
- Enter through the West entrance and let Guest Services know you have arrived for lessons.
- Proceed down the ramp, where the Lesson Supervisor will direct you to your waiting zone on the pool deck. This will be your meeting spot every week for your lessons. Your instructor will come to get you at the start time of your lesson. This will also be the area you can store your bag and face mask.
- Swimmers and parents/caregivers should maintain physical distancing (three meters apart) with other swimmers and parents/caregivers in the class.
- Change rooms and showers will be available after your pool time. Please put your mask back on before entering the change rooms and maintain 3m from others.
- The tots pool and hot tub remain closed at this time
Go to our ‘What is Open’ page for the latest details on all of our programs & services.