What are the protocols when I visit Vivo now?
We developed some new protocols around visiting Vivo to ensure you know what to expect and do before, during and after your visit. Please click our 3 Step Checklist to access & use Vivo or visit our reopening page
SECTION 2: MEMBERSHIP & FEES
How long can I put my current Vivo membership on hold?
We have a regular hold policy of 3 months for our memberships. Email Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific membership requests.
If I have a Vivo pre-paid annual membership, what happens to my account when it is re-activated now that Vivo is fully open again?
Your membership will be extended for the length of time that Vivo was closed (i.e. 5 months). All memberships were re-activated on September 1, 2020. Your expiry date will be extended by 5 months only to February 1, 2020 to accommodate the duration of the closure. Please email email@example.com for further questions
Will Vivo increase it’s prices?
Like all other businesses, we review our pricing annually with the market place and commits to providing a minimum of 30 days notification to our members for any changes in fees, membership benefits and policies.
I cancelled my membership when Vivo temporarily closed. If I purchase a new membership again, do I have to pay another Customer Experience Enhancement Fee?
Any requests after October 1, 2020, will be charged the Customer Experience Enhancement Fee.
What if I cannot afford my membership?
We recognize everyone has special circumstances. Vivo offers an Everybody Plays Campaign with fee assistance services for our memberships with the City of Calgary. For fee assistance with memberships, please visit www.calgary.ca for information on the Fair Entry Program.
What if I want or need to cancel my pre-paid annual membership?
The Pre-Paid membership is non-refundable. You can cancel your membership and receive a refund for medical or re-location outside of Calgary. You must provide documentation to our Guest Services team. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do with credits on my Vivo account?
Participants enrolled in programs that were cancelled due to COVID-19 have a credit on their Vivo account. You can apply your credit to a future program or donate them to our Everybody Plays Campaign so everyone in the community can live a healthy lifestyle. Email email@example.com to donate your credits.
Section 3: FACILITY ACCESS
What are the further changes to Vivo’s services with latest Alberta Government’s mandated health orders?
Based on the additional health measures announced by the province on November 24, 2020, Vivo will also immediately PAUSE:
- All community bookings unless it is for family members living in the same household
- All sport unless by exemption by the AB Chief Medical Officer of Health
- All Play Hub Events both @Vivo and in the Community
- Other Vivo services still PAUSED as of November 13, 2020:
- Indoor Group Fitness classes (land and water based)
- Indoor team and sport based activities and bookings. Note-Includes drop-in basketball
- Child Care Services
- All registered programs like 4 in1, swimming, skating, climbing, parent & tot and family play
What’s the staying the SAME and OPEN at Vivo:
- Live and pre-recorded Group fitness classes online at Virtual Vivo
- Drop-in, individual based activities including fitness centre workouts, swimming, skating, climbing, ping pong, badminton and pickle ball
- Preschool Program (Little Kids Active Learner)s in accordance with Alberta Education guidelines
- Facility Bookings only with family members residing in the same household
- Sports only approved by the Chief Medical Health Officer
The new mandatory public health measures to help stop the spread of COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#toc-1
Can I book a birthday party still at Vivo with the latest government restrictions?
Yes. You are still able book a birthday party at Vivo if it is for only family members residing in the same household. Note– we are not offering instructor based birthday party options at this time in accordance with mandated local health orders.
Why did Vivo ‘temporarily pausing’ community bookings with the latest Alberta Government’s orders?
We are ‘temporarily pausing’ all community bookings unless it is for only family members that live in the same household together as per the latest mandated heath orders announced on November 24, 2020. Activities include things like worship group gatherings, community planning meetings, birthday parties with guests not living in the same household together and community services being offered to the community.
Why aren’t worship services being held at Vivo during the latest Alberta Government’s orders re: Indoor Social Gatherings?
During normal times, community groups booked space for their own worship social gathering activities with their members. As per the latest measures on November 24, 2020 around ‘ temporarily pausing’ all indoor social gatherings in any setting, Vivo is not providing any community bookings unless it is for only family members residing in the same household to do our part to prevent the spread of COVID 19 and support the community’s long-term health.
Why is happening with Vivo’s and north-central Calgary’s Play Hub events and locations as per the latest Alberta Government Orders re: Outdoor gatherings?
As mandated on November 24th, 2020 by the province, the Vivo Play Project will be ‘temporarily pausing’ our Play Hub Events both @Vivo and in the Community. During this time the Play Ambassador team will be working to prepare our hubs for amazing programing when it’s safe to return. If you are joining the wearable technology research project (A.K.A the Play Scientist Pilot Program) onboarding will continue through an appointment booking process.
What are Vivo’s Hours of Operation? (effective as of November 1, 2020)
- Monday – Friday 5:30 am – 10:00 pm (we are no longer closed between 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm with the exception of the pool area)
- Saturday & Sunday – 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Statutory Holidays – CLOSED
- See our holiday hours
Note- Arena and Community rental times are based on current bookings. To book a space and time for your group email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I enter and exit the building for any of my experiences at Vivo?
East Entrance to access the Arenas, Guest Services, Fitness Centre, Skate Doctor and Panther Sports Medicine
West Entrance to access the Country Hills Public Library, Guest Services, Pool, Gymnasiums, Jugo Juice, Climbing, School and Community Groups activities.
Can multiple Spectators watch Sport Groups inside the ice rinks at Vivo?
UPDATE OCTOBER 15, 2020.
At this time, only one person/spectator per player are permitted in the ice rinks- regardless of the league or age of the player. Multiple spectators are not permitted due to the following reasons listed below. We are in regular contact with the City’s Arena Operators group to ensure we can be as consistent together. Note-all the arenas have different operating set-ups. Those with stand-alone arenas have less complexities to contend with than multiplexes like Vivo.
1. Changes to flood/cleaning durations between bookings:
Pre – COVID we had 15 minute flood times which was enough to have athletes move out of the change rooms and have the next group in while the ice was being flooded (water added to make it smooth). Now, we have to complete a 15 minute flood and then take an additional 15 minutes to disinfect the rooms to help prevent any virus transmissions. When we do this kind of work, we are unable to have our guests/athletes/spectators in the spaces to ensure proper cleaning in the safest manner. This impacts the amount of ice time available for rent. Our goal is to provide as much time to play as we know other arenas are not open in the City, thus reducing the amount of available space for hockey, skating, speed skating and ringette groups.
2. Cleaning Requirements
To ensure proper cleaning practices are upheld and there is no risk for transmission between arena bookings, the area is properly cleaned and disinfected. This would increase the time needed between bookings to properly clean the spectator seating areas, thus decreasing the amount of ice time available for each sport that is booking ice.
3. Contact Tracing
As part of the Alberta Health’s ‘Return to Play’ guidelines for sport and recreation facilities we are required to contact trace all people using the facility. With multiple spectators coming in and out continuously, it makes it difficult to be able to trace people which increases the risk for exposure and transmission. If a COVID case was identified in an arena, it would be a challenge in notifying everyone who may have been exposed.
4. Requirements & Maximum Indoor Numbers
In working with both municipal and provincial guidelines guests, members, athletes and employees must wear a mask as per the City of Calgary BYLAW AND continue to social distancing as per the ‘Alberta Health Return to Play’ guidelines. Thus, we can only have a set number of athletes in the ice area at one time. With the layout of our arenas, we need to use the perimeter and limited ice bleachers only for athletes. Vivo is not able to have spectators in at this time without reducing ice times further to ensure proper cleaning between ice uses.
THE EXCEPTION –Only One Person/Spectator per Player
Only one person/spectator per player are permitted in the ice rinks – regardless of the league or age of the player. The following guidelines apply:
- All attendees must arrive at the same time, and a facility attendant will meet the group and grant access to the building (East entrance)—- with spectators they will be permitted to go to the perimeter of the arena. All groups have been asked to show up no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of their booking and to immediately leave within 15 minutes of their booking completion time
- All attendees must wear a mask and maintain proper physical distancing
- No shouting, yelling, spitting
- All sport groups are responsible for taking care of the one time waiver as well as they health screening
Note: This information may change as the COVID-19 situation changes within the Calgary area.
Can children and youth access the Fitness Centre?
Youth 12-16Y can access certain areas in our fitness zones and group fitness classes with an adult. All Youth are required to take a Fitness Orientation to learn the how to’s across signing up and using the equipment properly, workout etiquette and personal tips for young people to learn more about moving their body in different ways. If you are interested please email email@example.com to book your time with a Lifestyle Fitness Consultant!
Why do I have to Pre-book my spot for Vivo experiences? UPDATE: OCTOBER 15, 2020.
We’ve added a ‘Pre-book Your Spot’ system to adhere to local health orders for capacity and physical distancing standards as well as provide a positive and engaging experience for you. You’ll pre-book your spot for all online, fitness, swimming, climbing, gymnasium and child care activities.
Note- After repeated no-show incidents, your online booking privileges maybe revoked.
How do I access Vivo Experiences? UPDATE OCTOBER 15, 2020
- All drop-in classes must now be pre-booked on Vivo’s ‘mywellness app’.
- Current and active Vivo members can pre-book your spot up to 3 days in advance and until the experience start time if space is available.
- Drop-in Guests to Vivo can pre-book a spot 1 day in advance by calling Guest Services at 403-532-1013.
- The primary account holder will receive an email from Technogym with a link to activate their account.
Can I pre-book multiple spots in one day at Vivo?
Yes. You can book up to 3 different activities in the facility per day for you and/or your family. For example, you could book a spot in the fitness centre, pool and climbing wall all in one day. Reminder: Pre-booking your spots in advance ensures you get the times and activities you want to enjoy!
Is there a time duration when I pre-book my spot for Fitness Centre?
You can access our online prerecorded fitness classes 24/7. Here is the duration of the in-person ‘Play Time’ for each Fitness zone.
Zone 1 (Blue) ‘New to Fitness & Love Easy Machines’- 1.5 hours
Zone 2 (Green) ’Heavy Lifters who love Challenge & Plate Loaded Machines’- 1.5 hours. Note- We’ve expanded this zone due to guest feedback and demand. See the fitness page of the website for more details.
Zone 3 (Yellow) ‘Fitness Enthusiasts’ who love Cardio, HIIT, Squat Racks & Kettle Bells’- 1.5 hours
Zone 4 (Pink) ‘Cardio Lovers who choose their own Adventure & Free weights’- 1.5 hours. Note- we’ve added a new stretching area due to guest feedback. See the fitness page of the website for more details.
Is there a time duration and how many people can I pre-book a spot for in the Gymnasiums?
October 1, 2020 Update: We’ve added more basketball, badminton and ping pong times based on customer feedback. All activities in the gymnasiums is ONLY a one hour spot in duration. You can book up to 5 people together in this experience at one time.
Is there a time duration and how many people can I pre-book a spot for Climbing?
There are a maximum number of 8-10 spots available at one time at the Climbing Wall. You can only book one person or a family cohort at a time. The duration per booking spot is 45 minutes.
Is there a time duration and how many people can I pre-book a spot for in Public Skating and Shinny Hockey?
You can book up to 5 people together in public skating and shinny hockey at one time. The duration per booking spot is 45 minutes.
Is there a time duration and how many people can I pre-book a spot for for Child Care in the Play Lab?
Our Child Care is open. You can pre-book up to 4 children at one time for a duration of 2 hours.
How far in advance can I pre-book my spot? UPDATE OCTOBER 15, 2020.
As a Vivo member, you can pre-book your spot 3 days in advance for any facility area activities or drop-in classes. Vivo Guests dropping in to use the facility can pre-book a spot 1 day in advance for any activities.
When can I registered for Programs?
Anytime. You can book your favorite programs for our next session October-December 2020 or January-April, 2021 across fitness, swimming, skating, climbing and more!
Are Vivo’s onsite partner open now?
Panther Sports Medicine, Country Hills Library, Northern Hills Community Association, Skate Doctor and Jugo Juice are all open now. Please check their specific websites for the latest updates on services and hours of operations.
Will public spaces and seating be available?
Vivo’s public spaces will be available and aligned in accordance with local health authority restrictions and guidelines. Community spaces are available to be booked at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I access the Locker Rooms and/or the wallet lockers?
Locker rooms will be available for swimming only. Wallet Lockers are still currently closed. For all other activities, we encourage you to come dressed appropriately and ready to go for your experience as recommended within the current provincial guidelines for indoor recreation. Please leave your bags, valuables and personal belongings at home.
Will water fountains be available?
Touchless Water Fill Stations are available only at the Gymnasiums, Arenas and on the Pool Deck for use. All water fountains remain closed. Please bring your own water bottles. Dumping of water and spitting is not permitted in the fountains.
If there is spot in the Fitness Centre but the booking start time has already begun, can I still book it when I’m at the facility?
To ensure a quality experience, a booking spot for drop-in classes closes at the start time. If you are interested in joining any activity that has started, speak with Guest Services as we do allow walk-ins and they will be able to confirm which locations still have space.
SECTION 4: HEALTH AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING PRACTICES
What is Vivo doing about controlling airflow?
We have been intentional with the removal of fans to ensure we follow Alberta Health requirements as fans are known to aid in the spreading of COVID.
Our Operations Team has the air handling set up so we are using 0% return air and pulling fresh outside air in at 100% . All air handling filters have been changed so we are at maximum air flow.
Am I required to wear a mask/face covering at Vivo?
In accordance with the new Bylaw (NUMBER 26M2020), guests and employees are required to wear a mask/face covering indoors. Businesses are not expected to deny services as not everyone is required to wear a face covering. Exceptions to the face coverings bylaw include:
- Children under 2 years of age
- People with underlying medical conditions or disabilities inhibiting their ability to wear a face-covering
- People who are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- People who are eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability
- People who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist)
What measures has Vivo put in place to create positive and healthy experiences?
- Online Pre-screen Health Assessment tool for people to complete prior to accessing the facility.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols for staff, spaces and experiences.
- Additional hand sanitization stations in all areas of the facility.
- Physical distancing measures including signage, floor decals and markings.
- Directional and designated pathways to control the flow of people throughout the entire facility.
- Reduced People Capacity at one time by using a Pre-Book Your Spot system.
- Plexi-Glass barriers at Guest Services, Fitness and Climbing Desks.
- Equipment Usage time limits.
- Removal of difficult to clean and non-essential equipment.
- Removal of lobby seating in all public areas.
- Removal of fans.
What can I do to help Vivo stay safe and healthy?
- Staying or going home if you are sick.
- Using the Designated Pathways.
- Practicing thorough HAND HYGIENE and avoid touching your face.
- Practicing PHYSICAL DISTANCING of 2m.
- Practicing sneeze and cough etiquette.
- Cleaning all surfaces touched during your visit.
- Using cashless forms of payment where possible. (Cash at Vivo is still accepted)
- Visiting Health Canada’s website or calling 811 if you are not feeling well.
- Supporting and upholding Vivo’s new protocols and ways of doings things with staff in the facility.
- Masks are recommended when you are not exercising. Please bring and use your own masks.
(Note-Vivo staff have the right to invoke a Zero Tolerance Policy and ask any guests to leave the facility immediately for demonstrating poor behaviours or not following protocols that have been put into place).
What enhanced cleaning protocols has Vivo put in place?
We have implemented the following additional cleaning protocols aligned with Health Canada guidelines:
- Frequent and documented sanitization of all areas of the facility especially those with high touchpoint surfaces.
- Full and deep clean of all high touch point facility areas from 1-4pm and electrostatic spray and fogger cleaning overnight every day.
- Use of hospital grade cleaning and disinfectants on all surfaces.
- Staff training and implementation of disinfection protocols and practices in each specific area as well as with every experience offering.
- Fitness Centre Zones will be closed for 30 minutes between bookings to sanitize.
- Equipment will have green and red signs. Green indicates the machine is fully sanitized, red means the equipment will be sanitized shortly.
Will I have to sign a waiver to access Vivo?
We are requiring all people using the facility to sign a one-time participation waiver so you have a clear understanding of the various risks of participating in any experiences at Vivo. You can Sign the Waiver ahead of time before your first visit with Vivo!
Will I have to do a Health Pre-Screen Check before coming to Vivo?
All guests and staff using Vivo are required to complete a pre-screen health check prior to accessing the facility every visit which includes three questions. The data is secure and won’t be collected or shared. The Health Pre-Screening helps you and your group determine if it is safe to be at Vivo. Complete the Health Pre-Screen before you visit Vivo!
Do I have to wear a mask at the facility and while working out?
Effective August 1, 2020 the City of Calgary has a new Bylaw requiring ‘All persons must wear a face covering in indoor public premises and in public vehicles.’ Vivo falls under the ‘indoor public’ premises definition and we are required to have people wear a face covering for the duration of their visit UNLESS they are participating in fitness activities or meet the exceptions outlined in the bylaw.
Note: According to health guidelines, it is NOT recommended you wear a mask while exercising, high intensity fitness workouts and classes or while using cardio equipment.
If I forget my mask will Vivo have masks available?
Yes. We have masks available for purchase in our vending machines.
What if I don’t want to wear a mask?
As per the City’s Bylaw 26M2020- ‘All persons must wear a face covering in indoor public premises and in public vehicles.’ Masks must be worn for the duration of your visit at Vivo UNLESS you are participating in fitness activities or meet the ‘Exceptions’ outlined in the Bylaw. Wearing a mask also supports your fellow community members, and Vivo’s staff long term health and sustainability. Note-Vivo staff have the right to invoke a Zero Tolerance Policy and ask any customers to leave the facility immediately for demonstrating poor behaviors or not wanting to follow any protocols that have been put into place.
What are the City’s Bylaw EXCEPTIONS to wear a mask?
Children under 2 years of age; Persons with underlying medical conditions, disabilities or accompanying a person with a disability inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering; Eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services; Engaging in athletic or fitness activities or Temporarily removing a face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (i.e. a visit to the dentist).
What should I do with my mask during my activity?
- Put your mask in a zip lock back or plastic bag to carry with you.
- Put your mask in your pocket.
- Leave it in your gym bag.
- Attach it to your water bottle.
- * Please do not place your mask on equipment, tables or public spaces occupied by other customers.
When I visit Vivo where and when do I have to wear my mask?
- When entering the facility.
- In the changerooms and washrooms.
- Walking in all public spaces to and from your workout.
- When exiting the facility.