Am I required to wear a mask/face covering at Vivo?
Effective August 1, 2020 the City of Calgary has a new Bylaw requiring ‘All persons must wear a face covering in indoor public premises and in public vehicles.’ Vivo falls under the ‘indoor public’ premises definition and we require our customers and employees to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit UNLESS they are participating in fitness activities or meet the exceptions outlined in the bylaw. Exceptions include:
- Children under 2 years of age.
- Persons with underlying medical conditions, disabilities or accompanying a person with a disability inhibiting their ability to wear a face covering.
- Eating or drinking at a public premise that offers food or beverage services.
- Engaging in athletic or fitness activities.
- People engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- People who are care giving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability
- Temporarily removing a face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (i.e. a visit to the dentist).